Who's Sick?

PSYCHOcatholic

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to add my wishes in for Sue and for Laurie's mother-in-law.

Sue, I can't even begin to imagine what it's like for you, but I will send you my good wishes and hopes that you will find something that helps you out. We miss you on the boards, but if you need the time away to rest, then by all means do. Let us know if there's more we can do than wish and pray.

Laurie, my MIL lives with us and she, luckily, has no dementia, but she has epilepsy that isn't fully controlled with medications, so on occasion she has mild seizures. After one, she is disoriented, has short term memory loss and not steady on her feet. Maybe the concussion triggered some epileptic-type seizures. What I'm trying to say is that she may not have dementia, it may just be a temporary thing due to the concussion/seizures.

Thanks Jenny, and all...

Jenny, that's basically what the dr. said, right now they are treating her pneumonia with anitbiotics. she is still very weak...they are going to see how the treatments take, if they don't, then she will be put into hospice care...which could be days, or months based on her condition..thanks all for your thoughts...

and hang in there Sue...I'm pulling for ya!

I've just been to a very good Neurosurgeon in a neighbouring down.

He did quite a long consultation with me asking all sorts of questions about my family, job, stress level, home environment, medical history and then did his table examination.

He couldn't really tell me anything, but I am scheduled for an MRI and another scan on my brain next week, and then I have another consultation with him to discuss the results and where we go from there :)

It's been a bad week. I never want to repeat it ever again. I pray that not even my worst enemy (I don't have one but you know what I mean...) never has to suffer from pain like this ever.

Laurie, I am sorry to hear that your mother in law passed away. I hope that the memories that you and your husband have of her help you through the days to come.

Sue, I am sure they will find something that helps with your pain. Maybe you need to eat more chocolates? Wouldn't that be a miracle cure!