Who's Sick?

PSYCHOcatholic

i wish it was over sweet edna. i wish more than anything that it was. and you are correct farin, it is believed to be the most painful affliction known to man. i blogged about it on myspace a few days ago, trying to explain it, but unless you have experienced it, there is nothing to liken it to really.

and it sucks :(

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry to hear you are going through such an ordeal, Sue. My mom used to get migraines (I know, completely different) that would knock her out for days. Could be any little thing that triggered it, too. I see that it usually effects people over 50. Lucky you...

Have you tried acupuncture? That has worked well for my back pains and other pains. Eastern medicine has got some pretty effective cures if you can let your scientific mind take a break from what us Westerners perceive as a viable treatment. :)

thanks Marc :)

unfortunately, acupuncture is known to make it worse or lures you into false security worsening the next attack (i blogged about it more on myspace). Trust me, i have investigated every possible option over the last year. medication i also have to be careful with as almost everything not over the counter (and most things over the counter anyway) disagree with my other daily meds which i cannot stop taking or cannot change.

it feels like i am caged inside my face at the moment. it's absolutely excruciating. i've been having a constant attack for well on 4 hours now with lightning and stabbing pains in my cheek, temple and lower lip.

i got a quarter cup of soup in yesterday which triggered another attack anyway. i can't eat anything, i can't get any liquids in as it triggers an attack just touching my lips on anything, let alone swallowing.

it's the most hopeless feeling.

thank you Darryl :), any good thoughts my way would really be appreciated from anyone. prayers would be especially welcome.

i absolutely hate asking for help. you must know how incredibly desperate i am when i do. i am quite simply at the end of the rope.

how is your mother-in-law doing Laurie? any news?

Wow Sue, you know we are thinking of you, and I know it's hard for us to imagine what you are going through...I hope you find something that will relieve the pain...please keep us posted...

Well Sue, Her doctor said he could not find anything abnormal in the second CAT SCAN, and the Neurologist was suppose to look at her yesterday. My husband left early this morning for the hospital, so we are still waiting for some answers. She had 2 seizures overnight, which she's never had before. She's on oxygen and is hooked up to an IV. She's talking still, but not making any sense. The doctor said that since she had some experience of dementia (SPELL?) before the fall, that adds to the complications of things...so that's where we stand now.... She did yell out my daughter's name and started crying. My daughter is very upset right now, coz she has been taking care of her grandmother for awhile, and helping her grandparents all that she could...I'll keep you posted...

Dear Sue, I am very sorry to hear about all the pain you are going through.

I suffer from migraines, which knock me about for a couple of days and I think the world is going to end. So I cannot imagine the magnitude of pain you are going through. You are a very brave woman :bow: :bow:

And I hope all goes well for your mother in law Laurie.