What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

but I thought you liked camping.. :confused:

She hates camping. I, on the other hand, adore camping. Real camping. None of this lodge, or ultra-fancy rv stuff so that it's like you just took a small version of home into the woods ... they actually call that camping. :P

First night of camping last night....I had a great time!....When we arrived we were given walkie talkies so we can get a hold of other staff if needed, well mine ended up falling in the toilet so I had to ask for another one :blush:.....We had a pizza party, then we moved on out to the camp fire sing along...There were a couple of people with guitars singing the usual campfire songs, and few Beatles tunes because one was a big time Beatles fan which was pretty cool...then some old guy that owns the camp came out to tell some stories...He looked like the typical old folklore type of story teller too, with the big floppy hat and flannel coat, and all. After the sing along we made smores and then we moved on to star gazing....These huge telescopes they had were awesome, and it was a nice clear night for them too....then we moved everyone back to the lodge for the night, and I headed on back home, dodging deer all the home too!...took me a while to get home because of that, but I made it home okay....and back to my nice comfy bed....

Oh we also had these mini hot air balloons....we lit up 3 of them and watched them go up....and then they eventually burn out after awhile...it was pretty cool, I've never seen these before...but each one was to represent 3 people that we use to work with but passed away recently...

Edited by Guest

Second night of camp...I had to participate in a "Price Is Right" skit....my part was to be an over enthusiastic contestant....LOL...it was fun, and I did get compliments on my acting, and my supervisor said "Laurie, I didn't realize you could be so funny".... :P

Tonight is the 60's dance.... :hippie:

My last night of camping was a riot, I had a lot of fun. The DJ was great, played some really good dance tunes of the 60's...and yes Joe, I did the twist...The dance lasted about 3 hours, and I'm hurtin' today...I danced most of that 3 hours and now I ache all over...oh well....The last hour he played some rap, hip hop, and a little bit of country too...and I learned how to dance to a song called "Tootsie Roll".....you guys are lucky you weren't there to see that...LOL...

After the dance me and my co-worker had to go check on the a few residents that decided to sleep in tents instead of the lodges....On our way to the tent area we had to walk quite a ways through this very dark path through the woods, with these scary lookin' totem poles along the way...Well on our way there some smart ass staff that we work with decided to hide in the woods on us...they must of seen our flashlights, then they jumped out in front of us and scared the sh*t out of us...... :o :soapbox: :susel:

After almost two months with 35-40ºC, plus my three weeks flu (40º inside, 40º outside) and a sort of unbearable summer, this morning we woke up cause the windows were open and it was COLD. Now it's 20º but it' s 11am. It was some 10º at 7 am.

At least we can breathe... :)

I still prefer summer. I hope fall hasn' t come all of a sudden...

Tommy James is stopping by WRSU-FM (Rutgers University radio) and my son will get a chance to meet him.

My son's radio show for this school year will be Thursday mornings from 10-12.

My son met Tommy James and said he was a really good guy. My son told him about his radio show and Tommy invited him to talk to him more either at this weekend's show (Tommy James is doing a free concert locally) or at some point in the future.