OLD 55

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody's Talkin' ~ Harry Nilsson

Carolina In My Mind ~ James Taylor

Great nominations, Laurie! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I nominated Everybody's Talkin' quite some time ago and it didn't make the cut. I hope it does better this time. You've definitely got my votes for both your noms.

I have been waiting patiently for Tom Sawyer to drop out of that list. However, the list appears to have stayed exactly the same for well over a month now. It seems a bit strange to have these top tens as an alternative to the daily and weekly top tens if they are not being updated.

I am not going to whinge or complain too much about this, but perhaps we should just politely ask Carl why they are not being updated. If he has a good reason, I'm sure we can excuse him. :)

I may be on shaky ground with this CS , but this has been questioned ( by myself and others ) in the past and from what I recall , the lists are ( believe it or not ) relatively up to date , eventhough they may not seem so as they are so very stationary and repetitive . I'll relate how I understood the workings of those lists - though it's been a longtime now :

I think if you look at the Daily list , most are songs that are very popular and perhaps lyrically sophistocated - and are what bring new viewers to the main page to check lyrics or info about these songs . Are there really that many people checking "Stairway " or the others daily ? I guess so - or so I've been told ( I wish I could recall the thread ) .

Once on the main page , I guess that people then check out the lyrics / song facts of these other popular songs ( perhaps by the menu prompts of these identical lists rather than just randomly , I would guess ) as well and , thus , the standings in the Weekly list - and the usual suspects appearing often in both lists . I know I'm always pleasantly surprised to see new songs move in or a shift in rankings as it is the only clear evidence that there is something at work in them - though it's often akin to watching glaciers melt .

Moderators or anyone else who can help out here ?