The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #39

OLD 55

Shawna gets my votes for these (9th and 10th). No, most likely higher. :)

Also, I've PT'd Carl to ask him about the lack of movement in the Songfacts Daily and Weekly Top Tens.

:headphones:

Looks like we have a budding winner - Shawna you most certainly have my votes.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm ! Interestingly , it appears that the Daily Top 10 from the main page is not in sync with what is displayed here - at least at the moment . Presently , these are the Daily Top 10 from the main page :

#1 Cars - Gary Numan

#2 Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin

#3 Hotel California - The Eagles

#4 Life In The Fast Lane - The Eagles

#5 Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

#6 Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

#7 Route 66 - Nat King Cole

#8 Mad World - Tears For Fears

#9 Over My Head (Cable Car) - The Fray

#10 Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd

:stars: - so , go figure ! However , at least we know for certain that what is displayed for us here is not the most current update of this list on the main page . Where our list comes from is anyone's guess . Hope Darryl will get some insights . If , infact , what is displayed for us here is in no way connected to the main page , and we are stuck in some kind of ' list limbo' , then perhaps we should just ignore them and free up the songs for nominations if someone wants to . Either way , there's only a handful of tunes that'll be used up soon enough .

To be honest , I think this thread has moved beyond it's original premiss of providing an alternative to the lists and needn't be influenced nor limited by them anymore as they seem rather meaningless now , anyway . Afterall , what is the point of dancing around " Stairway / Hotel California etc. " anymore when so many other big hits by these groups have been nominated ? I , for one , won't be nominating nor voting for them if for no other reason than I've grown sick of looking at them on those lists for 2+ years now ... :)

* Oddly , too , I can't shake this feeling that I've seen the above list ( from the main page ) shown on the Daily Top 10 here briefly many months ago - anyone else remember that ? It would have to be a HUGE coincidence that "Cars " by Gary Numan is again a song of high interest today ! :confused: :confused:

Edited by Guest

Oh, please, stop nominating fantastic songs or I´ll have to take painfull decisions as usual... :doh: :laughing:

I , for one , won't be nominating nor voting for them if for no other reason than I've grown sick of looking at them on those lists for 2+ years now ... :)

Oh, yes... :P I have to agree with Kevin...

Thanks Kevin. It looks like Carl doesn't know that. :P

I'll certainly talk over your suggestion with Farin. I'm agreeable to ignoring the Songfacts Daily and Weekly Top Tens when nominating in future, because our songs only appear once anyway (not counting Ultimate or Special Top Tens).

Our original aim was to provide an alternative to the Songfacts Top Tens, which didn't have much variation. I believe we have done that, and also been responsible for creating interest in other songs which have subsequently gone on to the Songfacts Tens. Let's NOT have:

Stairway To Heaven, Hotel California, Bohemian Rhapsody

all nominated in the same Top Ten !

:)

Ok : 1 hour later , the main page has changed again - so there is ' life ' there . Presently , this is the list :

#1 Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin

#2 Hotel California - The Eagles

#3 Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

#4 Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

#5 Over My Head (Cable Car) - The Fray

#6 Mad World - Tears For Fears

#7 Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd

#8 Dani California - Red Hot Chili Peppers

#9 A Day In The Life - The Beatles

#10 Lips Of An Angel - Hinder

No change in ours , as you'll note . Perhaps ours is a complete calculation after a 24 hour period or something like that ? :stars: This is a mystery that I would really like to get a definative , and clearly observeable , answer to !

I really hope that it ( the main page ) is not a collection of pre-captured Top 10's in a rotation or something ( though I doubt that ) - but the "Cars " song does have me wondering- it went from #1 to off the list in that time while others stayed . I just entered and exited the main page 5 times quickly and chose the same song to look at each time - but no change to the Top 10 . :stars:

Edited by Guest

I thought the songs that were in the pre-determined top ten are there because they get a lot of searches done on them on the internet and having them on the page makes this site come up in the seach results, thus enticing people to visit Songfacts. This certainly is a melon scratcher...Carl, where are you? :grin:

Or, they are the most viewed songs on Songfacts?

Edited by Guest

5 hours after the last post ( and 20+ entries for checking the same song with a different song search ) we still have :

#1 Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin

#2 Hotel California - The Eagles

#3 Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

#4 Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

#5 Over My Head (Cable Car) - The Fray

#6 Mad World - Tears For Fears

#7 Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd

#8 Dani California - Red Hot Chili Peppers

#9 A Day In The Life - The Beatles

#10 Lips Of An Angel - Hinder

No change , for those who care ... ( Yes ! I'm bored ! Bugger off , already ! )... :stars: :laughing: :stars:

Just tell us the truth : Is there really NO Santa Claus ? Did the Wizard of Oz finally have a stroke ? Sonfacts ' Daily Top 10's are based on B.S . ?

Edited by Guest