Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

The results:

Ireland -- France

Portugal -- Bosnia

Greece -- Ukraine

Russia -- Slovenia

Sh*t. This is a joke... can't have France or Portugal or Russia lose, can we? God forbid they play each other!

Well, we nearly defeated the world champion, so beating the vice champion should be a walk in the park, right? :doh:

D*mn it.

The results:

Ireland -- France

Portugal -- Bosnia

Greece -- Ukraine

Russia -- Slovenia

Sh*t. This is a joke... can't have France or Portugal or Russia lose, can we? God forbid they play each other!

Well, we nearly defeated the world champion, so beating the vice champion should be a walk in the park, right? :doh:

D*mn it.

I could have told you the group seedings already...

they were compiled of the results against the Top 5 of each group

(ie the results against the 6th were cut out, because one group only had 5 teams in them)

you can see the ranking here

:P

An hour ago, Liverpool were playing Sunderland -- a Liverpool kid threw a balloon on the pitch, the ball bounced off it and completely confused the goalkeeper... 1:0 :laughing: :doh:

Video

Really shouldn't have counted though.

I know this is a little old, but I'll give my two cents - that was one of the worst referee/umpire decisions in the history of sport. Where has the common sense in sport gone? :P

I actually have no idea of the current standings in the league :laughing: :P

I decide on a game-to-game basis who I'm rooting for

and with ManU vs Chelsea I could even be for the former... who knows ;)

in case anyone's interested in the German league: Hamburg managed to gamble a 0:2 and 3:2 lead away, so that they couldn't win the top spot... :P

on the other hand: the first four of the league have now 22, 22, 21 and 20 points :)