Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

LOL, you're killing me here. There is no such thing as a "typical" Yankees fan, any more than there is a "typical" Red Sox fan or a "typical" Cubs fan....the list goes on. Such a thing just doesn't exist.

When you live where I do (15 miles from NYC) then you can be an expert on whether the "typical Yankee fan" is just a figment of my imagination. Live in the huge shadow cast by the Yankees and their fans, literally millions of them in my area, and tell me there isn't stereotypical behavior.

The fans of many teams can be defined by unique and sometimes peculiar behavior..some good and some bad. Nothing comes remotely close to the entitled Yankee fan. "We must win or else!"

If you are not a typical Yankee fan, then good for you...but don't tell me there isn't a typical Yankee fan. I live in the heart of Yankee territory and I live baseball 365...you are dead wrong.

Nothing comes remotely close to the entitled Yankee fan. "We must win or else!"

I live baseball 365, I just unfortunately don't live in the NYC area. Why do you assume that because I don't live NYC area, I don't? See, you don't like the Yankees or their fans, so you are conditioned to only think of them in terms of the negatives and the stereotypes. While I don't doubt those "spoiled" and "entitled" fans exist because they exist in every fanbase, they are not the whole of who we are as fans. You can't define the group as a whole by the extremists.

BTW, where did I say "we must win or else"? Just because I want us to win every year doesn't mean if we don't, suddenly the team is cow manure. I don't play that way. I'm proud of whatever the team accomplishes, even if the end result wasn't what I had hoped for going in. 2nd place is better than 3rd place is better than nothing at all.

I live baseball 365, I just unfortunately don't live in the NYC area. Why do you assume that because I don't live NYC area, I don't? See, you don't like the Yankees or their fans, so you are conditioned to only think of them in terms of the negatives and the stereotypes. While I don't doubt those "spoiled" and "entitled" fans exist because they exist in every fanbase, they are not the whole of who we are as fans. You can't define the group as a whole by the extremists.

BTW, where did I say "we must win or else"? Just because I want us to win every year doesn't mean if we don't, suddenly the team is cow manure. I don't play that way. I'm proud of whatever the team accomplishes, even if the end result wasn't what I had hoped for going in. 2nd place is better than 3rd place is better than nothing at all.

You didn't say "we must win or else", the millions of typical Yankee fans I live amongst did. What you don't realize is that you are the extremist in the world of Yankee fans. Most of the Yankee fans I encounter chant "we must win or else" as a mantra.

BTW, I don't hate Yankee fans. If I did I would hate my parents, sister, most friends and many others. I also enjoy fighting with Yankee fans, it's fun to see them get mad.

I'm in love ! :D:D :guitar: :drummer: :afro:

More than I'd care to ... ;)

Hey ! N. Americans are passionate - and occasionally verbally violent - about things that mean little in the great scheme of it all -ie. sports :D

After the witchcraft trials , people needed an outlet. :D :jack:

Edited by Guest

that sounds like you have to endure that all the time, when was the last time that happened? ;)

Nothing to worry about...just baseball fans taking a run at each other...it happens all the time.

also, I meant the tone of the conversation, not the topic :P

Nothing to worry about...just baseball fans taking a run at each other...it happens all the time.

Edited by Guest

jup, with a win we have the #1 spot in our group secured :) and even with a draw we wouldn't have lost it (for now)

all the talk here is about how unfair it is to have the match on artificial turf, which our team doesn't have any experience on - but the Russians do

it would be funny if you'd beat the Italians though :D