Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

I think that's the second worst Super Bowl I've ever seen (with the first being Ravens vs Giants from 13 years ago) and I've seen replays of all of them. Even the commercials weren't that great this year.

Man, how was Ravens/Giants a bad Super Bowl? One of the best defenses in history right there.

This Super Bowl I had no problem with. I thought it was some fantastic defense by the Seahawks and an incredible train wreck by the Broncos

I think that's the second worst Super Bowl I've ever seen (with the first being Ravens vs Giants from 13 years ago) and I've seen replays of all of them. Even the commercials weren't that great this year.

I agree. The commercials were definitely not as funny or as original as they usually are during the Superbowl. Let's hope that the Winter Olympics offer some compelling viewing. I can't wait for them to start if for no other reason than to relieve the endless tedium of watching the plethora of commercials advertising all that we have to look forward to during the games.

I'm sure the Winter Olympics are a much bigger deal in Canada than they are in the U.S. My in-laws in California didn't even know when the games start until my wife told them during a telephone call last week. As far as I know , none of them plan to watch any of the television coverage.

Edited by Guest

Man, how was Ravens/Giants a bad Super Bowl? One of the best defenses in history right there.

This Super Bowl I had no problem with. I thought it was some fantastic defense by the Seahawks and an incredible train wreck by the Broncos

They (both SBs) were terrible because the other team never had a chance to catch up and we knew who was going to win throughout the entire game. In order to be a good game it needs to have suspense where anything can happen and it could all boil down to just one play at the end to determine the final outcome.

They (both SBs) were terrible because the other team never had a chance to catch up and we knew who was going to win throughout the entire game. In order to be a good game it needs to have suspense where anything can happen and it could all boil down to just one play at the end to determine the final outcome.

I would disagree. While I would say that a close game is better, I don't think blowouts are bad. As a football fan, it's enjoyable seeing an incredible offensive and/or defensive display. Even though it was against my Ravens, Peyton's 7 TD game at the beginning of this year was incredible to watch. It was a blowout, but the guy went nuts, and that was impressive.

I'm sure the Winter Olympics are a much bigger deal in Canada than they are in the U.S. My in-laws in California didn't even know when the games start until my wife told them during a telephone call last week. As far as I know , none of them plan to watch any of the television coverage.

I plan on watching the curling, luge, bobsled and downhill skiing competitions.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Ray!!! One Canadian in the Wimbledon final and another in the semifinal. Whoo Hoo!!

With Jim Parsons (aka Sheldon Cooper) in her corner, how can Eugenie lose? I'm a proud member of Genie's army.

Milos is in tough against Roger Federer, but if he brings his A game, he has a chance.

I've been a Eugenie Bouchard fan since seeing her play on the Quebec tour when she was a kid. She was tearing through the other girls leaving them in tears. I honestly didn't think she'd be this good so soon, though! And let's not forget that she's a looker! :googly:

As for Raonic his game is too one-dimensional. Just power & no finesse. Federer is fighting illness, but he's won championships while sick, so he knows how to cope. Milos will put up a fight, but Roger always finds a way to win.

Edited by Guest
I kant spel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The dirtiest team in the NFL goes down in flames because of an incredibly stupid coaching decision. It could not happen to a nicer team. So much for a Superbowl repeat.

Sorry for the sour grapes, but the Seahawks are so arrogant, I just can't contain my glee even though I'm not exactly enamoured of New England.