Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

EDIT: And, oh yeah, we'll see what happens when ALL the steroid names come out.

I eagerly await the day that happens. Baseball fans will have to choose whether they accept Barry Bonds (my childhood baseball hero, and thus my baseball hero for life) or reject post-McGwire/Sosa MLB as a whole. Not to say everyone was juicing, but come on, every team probably at least had one juicer.

Unfortunately there will probably never be a complete list of all the juicers, as the smart ones (i.e. my childhood baseball hero) probably stopped once they started testing for them.

Michael Jordan was officially inducted into the Hall of Fame today.

He is correct in his statement about players winning championships, not owners, they don't play with the flu to win a championship.

I also liked his quote "There's no I in team, but there's an I in win."

Edited by Guest
new quote

can you imagine the reaction of a TV show audience I once saw when they were told that at American Football (or at least at the Superbowl) there are referees who tell their colleagues when they can start the game again because the commercials are finished?

if not, it was something similar to "no way! 13.gif "

can you imagine the reaction of a TV show audience I once saw when they were told that at American Football (or at least at the Superbowl) there are referees who tell their colleagues when they can start the game again because the commercials are finished?

It's true! It's very weird being at a game, and suddenly the action stops, and you look around and realize, oh, there's a commercial on TV for the folks at home. :crazy:

He managed to score a goal for the wrong team.

Actually it was the right team since he was traded from Arsenal to Man City fair and square, albeit for the money. :P But I was referring to his rather tasteless celebration after, for which he was booked.

at least you get to see 90+ minutes of sport without interruptions (save for 15 minutes in the middle)

and not a series of short sport sequences constantly interrupted (possibly by commercials as well), like in American Football or Baseball

A little odd that they stop and restart all the time, it ends up taking three to four times longer to play the game than its supposed to.

It's true! It's very weird being at a game, and suddenly the action stops, and you look around and realize, oh, there's a commercial on TV for the folks at home. :crazy:

As opposed to a couple of defenders and maybe a goalkeeper kicking the ball back and forth for a few minutes ? I'd rather have the commercial break . :P

They could also use those little breaks : remember ; every 12 seconds or so , everyone is trying to kill , maim ,injure or humiliate their opponent . THAT takes concentration and focus - not pretty boys bouncing a ball on their head like some circus act . ;) :cool:

Actually it was the right team since he was traded from Arsenal to Man City fair and square, albeit for the money. :P But I was referring to his rather tasteless celebration after, for which he was booked.

:doh: I mixed him up with Diaby. Wrong match too.

Nothing wrong with City by the way so I don't mind... I just don't like United.