Favourite Teen movies

lonelyday

I have to come up with a movie concept for a teen movie in my media class, and then script and produce a ten minute sequence from my movie.

I'm not sure what angle Im going for yet, so I really want your help.

Would you please be able to tell me, what your favourite "teen" movie is and why.

By teen, I'm not restricted to just the modern mean girls/ bring it on version of the genre, so there are movies like pretty in pink as well. I can also cross genres so I could do comedy or horror or drama, so pretty much by teen I mean a movie with a predominantly teen cast and teen issues involved.

I'm really interested in your favourites so I can watch them and make up my mind, of how I'm going to do this.

so :help: me pleeeease :puppyeyes:

I love Detroit Rock City, I watched that when I was seventeen with another friend who was also a mad Kiss fan.

My favourite teen movie would have to be Grease, such a cool movie that I've seen so many times but never get sick of :D Footloose is another one that we always watch.

The American Pie movies were huge when I was in highschool. We liked them because they were hilariously funny.

I remember watching the Scream movies when I was in highschool too...saw Scream 2 when I was fifteen at the movies and it really freaked us out, but they were really popular too.

I always liked Fast Times At Ridgemont High....loved the actors in the movie and I can relate alot of those kids to the kids I went to school with...another favorite is Breakfast Club....great cast of characters there also...and you got all different personalites confined together and driving each other crazy....and another is Ferris Buellers Day off just because it's just plain funny....

Edited by Guest

If you are looking for some seriousness, try to watch St. Elmo's Fire. This was a movie back in the mid eighties that spotlighted the brat pack of the day. You can turn in a completely opposite direction and check out Porky's for campiness and lunacy. There are also the Revenge of the Nerds movies as well. Of course you can always take the scary route similiar to the movie Carrie.

My utmost favorite, though a couple of years past teen years is Animal House!

EMPIRE RECORDS!!!!

i loooooooooove this movie - practically know the whole script by heart which is very irritating for anyone who tries to watch it with me! i love it because it's silly and funny with someone great music and excellent characters. the script is great, extremely quotable. and the movie touches on some serious issues that affect many teenagers such as young love, drug abuse, self esteem issues, depression, suicide attempts but without being laboured or taking away from the fun of the movie. it's basically about a group of teenagers who find it hard to belong and are coping with the imminent change of finishing high school. they find friendship and family in one another. and like all epic teen movies (ferris bueller, breakfast club, mallrats etc) it happens in the course of one day!

the movie ends perfectly with this song by the the:

This Is The Day - The The

Well... you didn't wake up this morning,

'cause you didn't go to bed.

You were watching the whites of your eyes turn red.

The calendar on your wall is ticking the days off.

You've been reading some old letters.

You smile and think how much you've changed.

All the money in the world couldn't buy back those days.

You pull back the curtains, and the sun burns into your eyes.

You watch a plane flying across a clear blue sky.

This is the day your life will surely change.

This is the day when things fall into place.

You could've done anything, if you'd wanted.

And all your friends and family think that you're lucky.

But the side of you they'll never see

Is when you're left alone with the memories

That hold your life together like -- GLUE

You pull back the curtains, and the sun burns into your eyes,

You watch a plane flying across a clear blue sky.

This is the day your life will surely change.

This is the day when things fall into place.

This is the day your life will surely change...

I'll stick a wrench in this fave teen movie works by mentioning Something Completely Different. My favorite teen movie is an adaptation of Homer Hickam, Jr.'s "The Rocket Boys." In other words, "October Sky." I lived through some of that period, and salute those teens who have a dream and see it through in spite of the odds against them. As for the Tween set, "The Iron Giant" is my other selection for The Cold War film festival. Finally, there's a fellow who was too young to vote, too small for the U.S. Marines, and a sixth grade dropout, who made a difference. The movie is "To Hell and Back," and featured Audie Murphy, who was loved by the camera and had an interesting, if checkered, Hollywood career. You may return to the usual listing of "Tammy Surfs Jersey City" flicks. (Sorry about the serious note, but some teens didn't/don't have time for the beach, the prom, and the endless Summer.) :beatnik:

I'm a big fan of Dazed & Confused. Probably because I wish I was a teen back then

Elvish.....great choice. I love that movie too.

If you weren't a teen in the mid 70's you missed out on the best years I believe. I was 16 years old in 1976 when I graduated high school. The rock gods of the day were Zep, Sabbath, Kiss, Nazareth, Jethro Tull and the list goes on and on. I am so very glad those were my teen years.

When I was younger in the sixties and first interested in rock, the music was great. Especially because of the fact I was there at the beginning of "acid rock" as opposed to pop rock which was the Beatles first genre and so many other groups. We watched them morph into the true rockers they were.

The difference between the 60's and 70's though is the fact of all of the turmoil and distractions in the world. Many teens and young adults protested the Vietnam war. Our country's leaders were being assasinated (Kennedy, King and Kennedy). The 68 riots in Chicago during the democratic convention. Finally there were also the race riots in this country in many major cities.

In the seventies all of those problems, though still present were under control and we as teenagers didn't have to get involved politically, therefore we were more laid back and more in touch with the music, hanging out, carrying wine sacks and even puffing (you know what I mean). Yep, there never was a better time in my life!!

EMPIRE RECORDS!!!!

i loooooooooove this movie - practically know the whole script by heart which is very irritating for anyone who tries to watch it with me! i love it because it's silly and funny with someone great music and excellent characters. the script is great, extremely quotable. and the movie touches on some serious issues that affect many teenagers such as young love, drug abuse, self esteem issues, depression, suicide attempts but without being laboured or taking away from the fun of the movie. it's basically about a group of teenagers who find it hard to belong and are coping with the imminent change of finishing high school. they find friendship and family in one another. and like all epic teen movies (ferris bueller, breakfast club, mallrats etc) it happens in the course of one day!

Cool...someone else has actually heard of this movie...

I can also cross genres so I could do comedy or horror or drama, so pretty much by teen I mean a movie with a predominantly teen cast and teen issues involved.

Something very different is the disturbing drama River's Edge (1987) with Crispin Glover, Keanu Reeves, Ione Skye & Dennis Hopper, based on a real incident involving California high-schoolers.

One the other hand, there is the classic comedy Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) directed by John Hughes, and starring Matthew Broderick and Mia Sara.

Wow, you guys have come up with some good suggestions, I've seen some of them like Detroit Rock City and Grease, but most I haven't so I'm planning on getting quite a few out so I can do my research before coming up with an idea.

It's gonna be hard since most 'teen movies'in general are American, I'm not sure whether to go for that or base mine in New Zealand so at least I don't have to worry about accents for the actors.

"Just One Of The Guys"

I will watch it no matter what. It has everything - horrible acting, cliched dialogue, frog-into-prince dude character, gender-switching chick character, aforementioned dude and chick getting it on finally, obnoxious little brother, school bully, ungodly sexy mysterious character named after a German musical term, geeks, bad music.