Jimi Hendrix and Bob Dylan

Speaking of Jimi and Bob, compare "All Along The Watchtower" by the interpreter and the composer. I've found that some song interpreters can do great things and eclipse the composer's version. The Byrds did interesting things with Bob Dylan compositions, putting them on the top ten! :guitar:

• 4 weeks later...

Just dug this song up.

Its Jimi Hendrix's rendition of 'Like a Rolling Stone'. Its so good. I would have to say, im not to crazy about Bob Dylan's singing, but when Jimi sings it, it sends chills through my body.

Not sure if im aloud to disclose the program I used to get the song, so I cant tell.

My first post by the way.

Nobody has heard of his rendition of "Like a Rolling Stone" before; you have unearthed a Hendrix tune nobody has ever heard before. Congratulations

lol

I have a version of the Beatles (or at least John or Paul) playing "Day Tripper" with what sounds like Jimi.

Anyone know what it was from?

I have heard Jimi break into Day Tripper on a number of bootlegs...it also appears on The Jimi Hendrix Experience BBC Sessions. There were rumors about him playing with the Beatles or Lennon, but I think it is an urban legend.

Day tripper is on lots of bootlegs. The Beatles thing? In one of the interview portions of "Jimi By Himself" (bootleg) Jimi talks about playing with the Beatles or Lennon, not sure which, in Germany, with Chuck Berry. I haven't heard it, but, I assumed it to be true.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...