Rate the last thing you read

Batman

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should like it Shawna. I thought it was one of the best romantic classics I had read at the time. I read it when I was a teen I think. I was into the classics back then :D David Copperfield will always be my favorite I think.

Right now I'm listening to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. Its the first in a set of three books. There are supposed to be more but the author died several years back and no ones really sure if they exist. Kinda complicated story where the author is concerned.

I still don't understand why they always have to torture and kill pets. It kinda ruins it for me :puppyeyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished the Larsson trilogy and would give it a definite 10/10. Even tho they are a three book set it would almost be like reading just one of "The Hobbit" books if you didn't read all three.

These are now included in my top 4 favorite books of all time. Very sad the author passed, I would have been a devoted fan :D

I added Wiki quotes about the series and about the author to give a little info on the books. The Wiki page on Larsson is very interesting. If you want to read the books you might want to read what wikii has to say as well. Kinda puts a different slant on the books.

From Wiki:

At his death, Larsson left the manuscripts of three completed but unpublished novels in a series. He wrote them for his own pleasure after returning home from his job in the evening, making no attempt to get them published until shortly before his death. The first was published in Sweden in 2005 as Män som hatar kvinnor ("Men who hate women"), published in English as The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It was awarded the prestigious Glass Key award as the best Nordic crime novel in 2005. His second novel, Flickan som lekte med elden (The Girl Who Played with Fire), received the Best Swedish Crime Novel Award in 2006.

The third novel in the so-called Millennium trilogy, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, was published in the United States in May, 2010.

Larsson left about three quarters of a fourth novel on a notebook computer in Gabrielsson's possession; synopses or manuscripts of the fifth and sixth in the series, which was intended to contain an eventual total of ten books, may also exist.[12]

The Swedish film production company Yellow Bird has produced film versions of the Millennium Trilogy, co-produced with The Danish film production company Nordisk Film and TV company, which were released in Scandinavia in 2009.

Karl Stig-Erland Larsson (15 August 1954 – 9 November 2004) was a Swedish journalist and writer, born in Skelleftehamn outside Skellefteå. He is best known for his authorship of the Millennium Trilogy of crime novels which were published posthumously.

He was the second best-selling author in the world in 2008, behind Afghan-American author Khaled Hosseini. By March 2010 his Millennium trilogy had sold 27 million copies in more than 40 countries.[1][2]

Your welcome :D They were an awesome read Lucky and I procrastinated for a very long time before I got them.

Farin, do you know if the movie is available here in the US and do they go by the same title as the books? I would absolutely love to see the movie if they stuck with the true storyline of the books and didn't ruin it like they have a tendency to do. I hate when they do that and it happens way to often :(

• 4 weeks later...

The Passage By Justin Cronin

I might have liked the book better if I would have known it was a trilogy :smirk:

It was offered as a special from the book club I belong to but they forgot to tell me it's a three book series.

It was an ok book and quite long. If you don't pay attention it is easy to lose track of whats going on. A lot of the story line was very reminiscent of The Stand by King. One of my favorite books btw, but not even as close to awesome as The Stand was.

Another book about a world ending virus but this time, people turned into vampires. It ended rather abruptly and I hate when that happens. For that reason alone I'm only giving it a 3 /5 rating.

Not sure I'll even bother with the other two books when they come out. Even tho the book was not outstanding, I have read worse ;)

• 1 month later...

Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand

I would have givin' this book a 5/5 but it was so uselessly wordy I can only go as far as a 4.5/5 I don't know who edited this book, but damn.

This is an excellent book and I would definitely recommend it, but because there is so much repetitive garbage in it, I just can't give it a 5/5.

It will still make it on my top all time favorite books at #5 or 6. To bad they almost ruined it by way, way to many words that didn't need to be there.

Damn neared killed the whole thing :(

Not likely lol. I still haven't finished the damn book and if it keeps me hanging I will edit my post and make my rating a whole lot lower ;)

My good God what a long winded wordy book it is :o

I just keep waiting for it to end :(

Have you read it Tim?

So, I'm listening to it by one of my favorite readers. Scott Brick. I think I'm on the last part so damn if it doesn't get better :beady: . .

I'll rate it maybe a 3/5 damn it :beady:

Oh my good God. There's a part 8 :o

Edited by Guest