Pop songs that you actually like!

Lizzie

Has there ever been a song that was considered "Pop" that you actually liked? Has there ever been a song that was considered "Pop" that didn't annoy you? Has there ever been a song that was considered "Pop" that you actually bought the album to? Please me know!

this song has cool words and music, and believe it or not, the girl who sings it is only 13!

Baby it's You?Jojo

[Verse 1]

Can somebody explain to me

Why everybody is trying to be

Living like a celebrity

Doing what they see on MTV.

Ice is cool but I am looking for more, simple things is what my heart beats for.

Cause that's me

I don't ask for much

Baby

Having you is enough

[Chorus]

You ain't got to buy nothing

It's not what I want

Baby it's You

We don't have to go nowhere

Its not what I want

Baby it's you

It's not for what you got

I know you got a lot

No matter what you do

You always gettin Hot

It's You,

It's You

Baby all I want is You Yeah

[Verse 2]

It don't matter that your car is fly

And your rims are spinning on the side and

It don't matter where we go tonight

Cause if I'm with you I'll be alright.

That's cool but I'm lookin for more

Its your love that my heart beats for.

Cause thats me

Don't have to spend a dime

Baby

I just want your time.

~Lizzie :rockon:

NO AVRIL BASHING PLEASE!!!!!! (hold back, just this once. Do it for Lizzie :) )

Oh, Lizzie, my nephew is a fan of Avril Lavigne... he´s only 12 but I wish he liked Pink Floyd too... He likes Elvis at least... and the Beatles...

Ah, talking about pop songs? Yes, I love them, "Denis" is pop, "Waterloo" is pop and there are soooo many... we call it "rock" but it´s pop in half the cases... or not? ::

Oh, Lizzie, don't deny yourself the pleasures of pop ( honestly, they're great,too ) ! Get an Abba greatest hits album, and I'll reimburse you if you don't find yourself singing/ humming along by the end !? "Waterloo...

finally facing my Waterloo... Whoa, oh,oh,oh, Waterloo , couldn't escape if I wanted to....Whoa,oh,oh,oh, Waterloo, knowing my fate is to be with you...." ::

Beach Boys are pop ("Wouldn´t it be nice", for instance), Beatles are pop, since "Please, please me" till "Maxwell´s silver hammer", Bee Gees are pop... Voice of the Beehive, Blondie, Neil Diamond, REM ("Losing my religion", f.i.)... all you need is pop!

:laughing: Lizzie! Too funny!

I don't mind most of the pop that plays, stuff like Busted and such...I wouldn't buy it for myself, or request it to be played at a party, but if I can sing along to it or dance to it at a club - fine with me :thumbsup:

Rachel Stevens, Liberty X, Kylie Minogue, Dannii Minogue, Christina Aguilera etc....it's all fine. :)

What pop songs do you like that were made from 2000?2004?

This isn't going to make me look very good but I like, "Miss Independent" by Kelly Clarkson. I didn't even know she was from the TV show when I first heard it. Anyone else? Want the mpeg? It's not like I was actually going to buy the CD or anything that drastic but I did download both the song and video.

• 5 weeks later...

What pop songs do you like that were made from 2000?2004?

Ha! You think I don't know any. Try these 10 Thin Lizzie:

Tribute / Tenacious D (The Greatest Song In The World !)

Can't Get You Out Of My Head / I Believe In You / Kylie Minogue

She Will Be Loved / Maroon 5 (YOU told me about this one).

Murder On The Dance Floor / Sophie Ellis Bextor

Teenage Dirtbag / Wheatus

Can't Fight The Moonlight / Leann Rimes

A Little Less Conversation / Elvis V. JXL

The Ketchup Song / Las Ketchup

Lady Marmalade / Christina A, Lil Kim, Mya and Pink

+ a quite a few others that I DON'T know the names or artists. :o

Start some more threads. We need a bit of youth here. :thumbsup:

yeah thats a good un, 'back for good' by take that, in fact i know alot of people that actually rate that as a song.....my two elder brothers both like that song, and both disliked take that so........i can remember liking Gary Barlow's first single 'forever love' - mushy love song, i think my ex girlfriend had an influence their cos she was into take that and gary barlow and the rest of that tosh.....!

I liked 'Back For Good' by Take That as well, I just recently downloaded it again, while having a soppy moment.

Also I don't mind 'Flashdance' by Deep Dish (no it's not from the film Flashdance)

There are lots of songs I hear on the radio that I take a shine too, but I couldn't ever call myself a pop lover and wholeheartedly mean it ::