Songfactors Football 2015

Kevin

Good luck to you as well, Phil! I'm just pleased to be 2-1 at the beginning for a change, and getting some decent points even without an elite or very busy RB ( never seem to get one from the draft). I usually have to rely on a lucky pick up if an RB goes down or loses his reps or red zone chances to the #2 or #3 backs. Went 0-4 the last two seasons. 

Would definitely consider a trade for one following Week 4 when those that are going to be a factor this season are more clearly obvious.  

What is the situation in the baseball league this year? I'd asked before, but hadn't heard anything. Playoffs must nearly be over, right? Who's leading? Was someone way out in front or was it reasonably close?

Edited by Kevin

One point to consider this week if you haven't seen the note on your team page yet: the Washington vs Philly game may be cancelled due to the hurricane. Right now, it appears the storm is going to stay offshore and not be a problem, but keep an eye on the news. If the game is cancelled, any players from those teams will NOT score points this week, so you will want to substitute for them.

I had very good pitching and I lucked out and won the baseball league. Thanks to everyone who played. But... I'm going to be 0-4 in football. I've made every bonehead call so far. My goal is to try to sneak into the playoffs somehow. Thanks again to all who played baseball. It's a long season.

One thing I'd like to see changed in Fantasy Football is that the IR spot be changed to an O(out)/IR/ SUSP(suspended) spot. It seems teams are loathe to put a player on injured reserve unless they are clearly not going to return for quite a while or, more often recently, out for the season. It would be more useful for players if players that were designated as 'out' be allowed on there to free up a bench spot and make it more useful overall. 'O' often means at least a week or two (or more) and is more similar to the DL in the briefer football season. IR, as it is being designated by teams, more likely is a player you'd often want to just cut and pick someone up instead. It seems rather pointless in many cases as is.

Week 6 in the books, and Kenne remains undefeated - but has to thank his luck that Sammy didn't play Luck this week! Mostly close matches and Blues continues to throw out monster points with Ian now getting into the big point groove as well.

It's going to be interesting now we are in the midst of byes to see if that flips the standings around a bit in the coming weeks. I've got an annoying one this week, and not too confident since I've relied on both Brady and Denver's Def. for the bulk of my points, but it's not too bad compared with Ian's week 7 which looks pretty nightmarish having 6 byes ...ouch! May want to gamble and leave a low scoring spot open, possibly. Good luck maneuvering through them, all !

Not a fan at all but, boy, do I want Big Ben back! It sucks having one of the best receivers in the NFL, and Vick and whoever else won't throw to him-but you can't bench him, also, just in case... :thumbsdown:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, 70+ points for Drew Brees this week, Carl! Normally that would seal the deal against any opponent, but unfortunately you're facing Blues this week. Still, that has to be the most points for a single game that I have ever seen by a QB in all my years playing FF. Amazing -yet next week, who knows what he'll get. Eli with 56 is pretty sweet, and Carl has him ,too.

Just a note to all: it appears, that likely because our league is small and I choose 3 playoff weeks, all teams will contend for the championship regardless of standings. There will not be a consolation grouping as in past seasons ( where we had 10+ teams) nor players just eliminated. Good news for everyone then, and a reason to keep building your team. At the mid-point, new cream is rising to the top so keep an eye out for players who will help or take a few risks even. Therefore, yes, no one is out of it, and, given certain planetary alignments and some stealthy moves, the 1-9 Smokin Doobs could win it all!

I am fine with this format (I noticed it a few weeks ago, actually, just clicking around), however, if you, the league, feel and want to vote that this would or could be a poor way to potentially finish up, then I will remove a week from the playoffs. Majority would rule and all would have to take part. In that case, the bottom four will be out and given a consolation round (I think!). I'm posting this now to cut off possible complaints later by those who hadn't seen this earlier.

BYW; Phil ; put Karlos Williams back on waivers please. I apparently was looking around at the same time as you, had him on my watch list, and when I went to pick him up after looking around a bit, you had already snagged him in a most ungentlemanly manner just a few minutes before...

Edited by Kevin

Looks like Carole is 'shaking' dem bones ' this week and purged a fair number of guys.

Phil; I could've taken Josh Brown (K) before you did, but I'm gambling on Seattle's kicker this week as their offense stutters a lot and hopefully will need field goals. Your guy is predicted to be in a shootout, but I think that will be a TD game. Here's to wondering. I've got Kenne this week in the battle for first and again we are predicted close so I can't gamble too much. Even have taken Fitzgerald out for the first time as he apparently sucks in Seattle and will have Sherman on him all game. not a bad bye week, but a sucking matchup week for me. You and Carl are ranked neck and neck.

Ian seems to be slipping by with wins and I sometimes wonder if he's still playing... ?!? :confused::confused:

OMG! I killed Kenne; mind you, he'll likely get another shot at me in the playoffs, but I feel rewarded as I stayed up until 2 am here just to see if my WR, Alan Hurns, would be active or not. Wow! Now I finally have some breathing room, and I've got Phil next on a tough bye week for him thankfully as he's starting to roll. If my guys can just perform as predicted, then it should be good enough.

Sammy; you could've had Ian as he had the worst QB result I ever recall seeing: Payton at -5+ points: but Ian just keeps rolling along, and just how is anyone's guess -watch out! Was hoping Carole would upset Blues with her last 2 players, but the game, as a whole, was a dud.

Final day for trades is Nov.27th, so keep that in mind. Some of you may want to gamble now since we are all in the playoffs.

I really hate it when I have a player(s) in the Thursday game and they come in way below what you expected ( reasonably close is fine ). I feel at a disadvantage then ( even though it could have happened Sunday/Monday or your opponent may have a dud too), and it makes me fret more than I should about my lineup until Sunday when at least it's too late to change most things. :puppyeyes::grin:

You and me both, Phil. Terrible results so far from all our guys. At least you have an excuse in having a pretty rough bye week-I was only missing 1 player! None of mine met prediction ( most less than half), and many had supposedly good match ups this week. Pretty humbling and scary to see just how bad my current bunch could be when I've been averaging 153 points so far. Hope they got it out of their system before the playoffs at least! I think I may have lost 2 RBs this week as well. 1 for sure for a bit.

Only positive thing is it looks as though a few others are down in terms of average points this week as well, and nobody went on a tear. Pretty late in the season to risk a big rebuild now.

• 2 weeks later...

Exciting weekend of games with 2 upsets and some surprising developments in our rosters-for better and worse.

Well done Ian for knocking me off. Never dreamed Russel Wilson was capable of 49+ points in a game.

Sammy's upset was a sort of miracle with a QB and another player scoring 0 but still getting 144 points - and getting the blow-out of the week even. Imagine if he had a QB?

Vegas is going to be shifting around the playoff odds this week as Phil and Blues are getting solid points weekly now usually in the 140-150+ range. Carole, Carl and I are going to have to find ways to score more points again or just hope our guys had off weeks. 

Two more games to go before the playoffs start, and this past week has shown that anything can still happen so don't give up on your bunch just yet! :)

• 2 weeks later...