The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #200

Lucky

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after 200 weeks one of the most important electronic bands around, creators of a whole subgenre (Chillout) finally get some recognition here :thumbsup:

too bad that one of the most important current progressive bands missed their first entry in the TTs by one point (to a quite obscure Beatles track) :P

ah well... that's life I guess ;)

An obscure Beatle's track that is one of George Harrison's finest songs.

on the other hand Schism arguably is Tool's most known song

ahem... Sober (or at least in my country, followed by Stinkfest

I've considered nominating Sober for some time now, just haven't got around to do so.

7. Life is a Highway - Tom Cochrane (1991)

10.You Can Call Me Al - Paul Simon (1986)

:shocked: those aren't part of your regular taste

ahem... Sober (or at least in my country, followed by Stinkfest

I've considered nominating Sober for some time now, just haven't got around to do so.

I've consulted last.fm statistics for that (see top tracks) :)

:shocked: those aren't part of your regular taste

you're the second person this week who's shocked by what I'm listening to :crazy:

anyway, Life is a Highway probably has some emotional value, since I remember listening to that song as a kid

and I always liked You Can Call Me Al, and I always voted for it when it was nominated - the first time even as my #2 :P

EDIT: I just checked - I even nominated it the first time in TT #67 ;)

Edited by Guest

'obscure' doesn't mean 'bad' and I never said so ;)

on the other hand Schism arguably is Tool's most known song :)

I know you didn't say it was bad, but you have to admit you felt that an obscure Beatles track shouldn't have been voted in over Tool's song. I'm just pointing out that you didn't just say you felt bad that Tool's song didn't get in...you made a point of saying it didn't get in, but an obscure Beatles track did. I felt the need to point out it is more than just an obscure Beatles track.

I know you didn't say it was bad, but you have to admit you felt that an obscure Beatles track shouldn't have been voted in over Tool's song. I'm just pointing out that you didn't just say you felt bad that Tool's song didn't get in...you made a point of saying it didn't get in, but an obscure Beatles track did. I felt the need to point out it is more than just an obscure Beatles track.

yes, you're right, my point was that this was the 74th (!) Beatles song, a good, but rather unknown track, that made it into the Top Ten, while another important band didn't get their first and best known song in :)

yes, you're right, my point was that this was the 74th (!) Beatles song, a good, but rather unknown track, that made it into the Top Ten, while another important band didn't get their first and best known song in :)

Martin, I know the Beatles have almost all their songs in the Top, but "Think For Yourself" isn't an obscure song, believe me, it's among their best songs and from a very famous album... and it's anything but an unknown track... anyways, I don't care for obscure or not, my noms are rarities and obscure songs as well... I voted for Alex Harvey band this Top... ;)

yeah, could be... personally Schism is the #1 track when I think of Tool too though :P

same here, and it was the only song I knew when I was them live a few years ago. Their show was awesome, the bass blew everyone away!

I heard Schism on the radio recently and I though it could contribute to the eclectic list we have so far.

Maybe next time ;)