How serious would you take it if I told you...

berjo1429030949

... that I suffer ichthyophobia (fear of fish). I am not kiddin' either. It was just a few minutes ago that I noticed the cutesy monikers under our amount of postings. And like Sesame Street, I put two and two together = (insert scream of agony). :D

But seriously, I've had this fear since childhood. I can eat fish as long as it comes frozen (beheaded and scaled of course) or canned. I will not go fishing and if I do, I need to wear at least 5 gloves or something so I can't feel the sense of a fish nibbling on the hook. Just typing and thinking of that is making my skin crawl. Also, pics of ugly fish really friggin' freak me out.

Soooooo, I guess I'm stuck with those fish names. DANG!

And soooooooo, anyone else with a phobia?

:)

We need to figure out some sort of oceanic yet not-fishy name for you. Suggestions?

Its okay - I just didn't see the connection until I realized the fish names and thought about my strange phobia. In other words, just wonderin' who else has phobias.

Last night when I dropped off my son at his Mom's, there was this HUGE spider dangling off a tree! I almost walked into it and even though I don't find them terrifying, it did freak me for a bit. Gosh it was huge - not huge like scorpions but like a june bug (june beetle).

:o

Flying and airplanes are the big ones. I cannot get on airplane unless I've been sedated medically. The very idea of flying makes me physically ill, to the point that I throw up. It's not a fear of heights because I have no problem in skyscrapers or elevators....it's flying.

Then your typical fears like speaking in public, dying and fire.

The high dive at the pool, and roller coasters, both for the same reason. I can do heights just fine. The dropping sensation in my stomach causes sheer terror. I've tried diving boards, climbing up them, only to climb right back down. The Screaming Eagle at Six Flags reduced me to tears from the time I sat down, until the time I got off. I literally thought I would die. :P

Bats, Yellow Jackets, Flying ( I freaking hate it) and dying by fire. Those would be my biggest fears.

Oh yeah and a new one thanks to cracked.com Those Gawd awful Japanese Hornets holy shite please keep those things away from my little world :o :couch:

As for non-fishie names how about Sea Turtle or Land Crab. I'm sure there will be many more thought up by other fishies ;)

The high dive at the pool, and roller coasters, both for the same reason. I can do heights just fine. The dropping sensation in my stomach causes sheer terror. I've tried diving boards, climbing up them, only to climb right back down. The Screaming Eagle at Six Flags reduced me to tears from the time I sat down, until the time I got off. I literally thought I would die. :P
It sounds like the Screaming Eagle did what it was designed to do.

I'm scared to death of latex balloons. I worry that the second I touch them they'll pop. And the rolls/biscuits that come out of the "poppin' fresh" tubes, because I'm afraid as soon as I peel that paper off they're going to explode on me! :couch: :puppyeyes:

We're close but not the material or the balloons in fact - I cannot be anywhere if a balloon pops but if so, I need to plug my ears and look away. I suppose its more to do with that element of surprise but other loud happenings don't bother as much as balloons popping. Errrrrr, I loathe them when they pop. :o