The Personal Top Tens

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I love the idea of another round .... like MC I based mine on certain criteria (being mostly songs that I felt could be universally enjoyed), more a list for everyone, rather than just me. ;)

That being said .... the PTT's were a lot of work, and take a lot of time. Seeker mentioned that last time it took almost a year to do. True, (thanks Radhi & Martin!) It's a huge commitment of time for whomever. Plus, Radhi has always been in charge of these specials, so we need to speak to her as well. I know that right now at the very least, she has a dubious internet issue, plus whatever else she has going on. That's not to say that it couldn't possibly be done, but we really need to talk about it. Sometimes I worry that we are all going to get burnt out and bored with all this voting stuff, and I'd hate to start it, and then have people lose interest when all haven't had their chance. Does that make sense?

Can we consider it as being under advisement for now? We'll talk amongst ourselves, and y'all do the same. ;)

• 2 months later...

Hola SF folks,

Perhaps the name of this thread is a clue as to what this idea is. If not, here are the details:

Personal Top Tens will be based on a list of songs submitted by one regular SFer. Then the rest of us put the songs to a vote and at the end of it what do we have? [hint: title of thread]

Now then - who all are willing to take part?

We'll make a list and randomly draw one person's name each time.

:D

"OK campers, rise and shine! And don't forget your booties, cause it's cold out there! ... It's Groundhog Day!"

:blush:

Meaning deja vu is rearing its wooly head at Songfacts, as we revisit the realm of Personal Top Ten (PTT.) Each one of you is invited - again - to make a YouTube (or other online source) playlist of 50 of your favorite songs from any year or of any (or all) genre you desire. When PMed by your mild-mannered host, submit that playlist for voter consideration. The voting part is just like regular weekly Top Ten voting.

This post is to urge you to start the process of looking for your shadow in the 50 songs which might help identify your warm or cold personality sides to we other SFers.

What do you need to do? Sign up here & now, formulate your playlist and wait to be randomly chosen to come out of music taste hibernation.

Every Monday hereafter we will have a new member's 50 songs to pour over and begin selections through 10 P.M. EST Friday night. Results will be posted over the weekend and be available for commenting. Then the next day (Monday) it starts all over again .... or did I already say that?

:( We'd better get started if we want to stay ahead of the weather. Sign up now!! :D

(In the meantime, here is the movie that inspired this post and has, BTW, one of my PTT songs for opening a movie, "Weatherman." Just try not tapping your toe.)

Woot! Sign me up. One teensy question - if we've participated in the PTT before, will our list be new songs that we didn't include last time? Because that would be difficult and therefore totally awesome. :grin:

No imperical restrictions or requirements on your list. If you want to make a totally different (new) list than the last go round, that would make sense. You may have new favs or you may want the group's opinion on a completely different genre than last time.

Put some thought into it and come up with 50 songs that, after the SFers vote, you will say, "That was worth the effort." ;)