Songfactors' Choice: Suggestion Box

Lucky

Here's the place to give us your suggestions for topics and themes, as well as other suggestions, so they don't get lost in the shuffle. :)

With our last two lists, Songfactors' Choice has really gained popularity. So far we've done:

• Best Soundtracks
  • Christmas Wish List
  • Holiday Special
  • The Very Best of 2007
  • Women Gone Wild!
  • Distinctive Debuts

We need ideas for universal themes, to encourage the great participation we've been getting. Obviously, the more popular the topic, the more nominations (such as the last two lists) we get, which is the whole point.

Which leads to the suggestion of lists of 10, rather than 5. It's great idea... as long as we have the participation to support it. So we have suggestion #1, which is under serious advisement. :)

Give us whatcha got! ;)

Edited by Guest
title + sticky

Here's a couple of topic suggestions to start that discussion off:

Here's an off-the-cuff idea: how about an all-acoustic SFC? Could be songs as opposed to albums.

I have been thinking for a long time instrumentals might be fun to try. There are a lot of really great ones out there.

Talk amongst yourselves. ;)

are there that much acoustic albums?

cover albums?

I understand The Songfactors' Choice is for albums and the Songfactors' top 10 is for song?

or am I mistaken? :P

Technically that's correct Viaene, and we do try not to tread on territory covered by the other (in either forum), but we are also trying to expand SFC a bit, so it isn't just album releated. Ummm, (trying to explain) for SFC, think maybe, subject related. If it occaisionally overlaps into songs, no big deal, and vice versa with the Specials that Radhi runs. Remember the "best all time albums" we did as a Special a while back? For SFC the topics can be much broader, and include albums, "best use of music for..." and even overlap into DVD's etc.

I'm liking the ideas put forth so far! I have a couple to throw out as well:

1. Collaberations

2. Concert DVD's/films (with or without albums attached)

I don't know how well this will go over but we could try some Country Western, Folk, Blues etc. I think it may also give some of us exposure to something new and that's never a bad thing :D.

That is of course unless SF is strictly a rock music site but I never really got that impression.

I don't know how well this will go over but we could try some Country Western, Folk, Blues etc. I think it may also give some of us exposure to something new and that's never a bad thing :D.

That is of course unless SF is strictly a rock music site but I never really got that impression.

SF is not "strictly" anything ;)

but on the other hand we have to see what themes would get as much as possible in exposure, participants, nominations etc. you know what I mean? :)

if enough people would agree to nominate for any genre then it's a distinctive possibilty that we'll do something like that :)

Ah, but to take that idea and expand a bit .... we could do a very general theme such as best album (or artist, or whatever) not in the Rock genre. Basically we would end up with other peripheral genre's all wrapped up as one theme.

Edited by Guest

Great suggestions, y'all. Remember, they don't all even have to be albums. We can also have a list of songs, movies, books, whatever :)

I'm thinking:

Best (or maybe worst?) Covers

British Invasion (which could be best groups, songs, and/or maybe albums- hmmm..should we include or exclude Beatles and Stones? ;) Could even specify decade if we want...)

So, have fun with this - let your imagination run wild. :grin: