Sign in to follow this  
Batman

most universally liked bands

not bands that have the most fans (or I'll start my next list with Take That), but bands that most people don't dislike - at least that was the way I understood batman's post :P

that's how I interpreted it. And so made my posts based on the bands that I've never (until NOW, Farin :beady:) heard anyone say they didn't like.

Athough it's sad, the "kids" born after 1990 might not not who all these artists/bands are. And I'm not saying all teenagers but aot of them.

And I'd have to say Bob Dylan.

I love Dylan, but I know a lot of people that don't. I don't really care much for Queen (great though they are).

Willie Nelson is universally liked, I think.

I worship Dylan but I understand that many people don´t like him... nor his voice.

I once knew a guy who hated The Beatles. :cool:

I´m not a fan of Queen, I don´t really like them (I have no Queen album or cd or anything) but we all agree we don´t hate them... :grin:

Let´s make a poll with our suggestions :cool:

Dylan is or should be in a league or class all his own. I think he is a icon. Do I love his music? I have never bought a Dylan album or CD in my life ,so I guess that answer would be no. But I admire his work and what it means. He is a very important artist. Universally loved? Hard to say.

I once knew a guy who hated The Beatles.

You make it sound like it's a surprise.

I wouldn't say I hate them but I don't like them. I like Lennon and Harrison, but not the rest and not together.

Don't get me wrong, I have an incredible respect for them and I cannot deny their impact upon modern music, but I have never bought a Beatles album and probably never will....