So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

I did read that today....I don't think that this woman directly caused the suicide, the girl had already had depression and self-esteem troubles. Still, that poor girl was a child, this woman is an adult. She should have known better. What kind of example did she set for her own daughter?

Edited by Guest

Well, I certainly do not want to make light of the event outlined in this thread, it is tragic in its breadth.

But one line in the article caught my eye as its implications not boding well for our Mr. MiamiSammy:

...has inspired states to propose a ban on "cyber-bullying".

:doh: There goes the lunch money racket, partner.

It's a tragic event for sure but I feel that no one makes anyone commit suicide.

I say that because I've had several good friends of mine take their own life. Many times I asked myself if there was something I could've done. I realize now that there wasn't.

Did anyone see this on the news this morning? I don't think 20 years comes even close to how long this woman should spend in jail. Link

I can't even get my mind around another kid doing something like that. A parent doing it just makes me sick.

You know what's really awful? That's my hometown. :o:(

I hear you too, S2V.

Children, no matter what age, are not easily trained. That's why I have about 6-8 pairs of scissors and nail clippers in the house at all times. Same goes for scotch tape...it's never put back in its proper spot...

See now, if you keep that many scissors around, people will won't think of them as 'irreplaceable' and will become careless and leave them here and there and *poof*, they're gone. I say keep two pairs of scissors and make sure one can never be found. :thumbsup: