So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

Just a little imput here...guys I could drink you all under the table as long as it's shots of Jack. My booze of choice and it loves me!! :D :shades:

Maybe the guys... dunno about me! :shades: A shot of Jack with a beer chaser goes down really well with me as well! :D

Well this is a pretty random thought, but maybe this forum should be called the Off-Topic (not music related) forum since it seems theres a lot more than random thoughts here.

ooh... a paradox ;)

if the topic is officially "off topic", how can it be off topic then?

:grin:

I found this on Mental Floss, in an article about historical figures who married their cousins.

Charles Darwin

Yep, the Father of Evolution married his first cousin, Emma Wedgwood. They shared a grandfather, Josiah Wedgwood (who, incidentally, started the Wedgwood pottery empire). Darwin was decidedly unromantic – when torn over whether to propose or not, he made a list of pros and cons. The pros included the fact that marriage would provide companionship better than that of a dog. The cons revolved mostly around his career – marriage would provide less money for books and would take up a lot of his personal time. Ultimately, marriage won out. When he went to Emma to ask for her hand, though, he skipped the whole “endless love†mush and instead spent the evening discussing transmutation. The scientific talk must have really done it for Emma, though, because when they did eventually get married they had a prolific 10 children.