The Songfactors' Choice DIAMOND Top Ten #75

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who has been providing the YouTube links on my nominations, but whoever it is, thank you very much! :thumbsup:

I'll have to find a live version of my King Crimson nom - I've heard they are a great live band, but I haven't gotten around to seeing any live videos of theirs. :)

Now that I check, there isn't a live version of I Talk To The Wind on YouTube. I'll look for something else from the same album. :)

I don't always state the obvious like this, but voting this week will be hard. :crazy:

Edited by Guest

Hi Laurie, Tim and Chris. :)

I saw Dani California in the Daily Top Tens a few times (it's there now), so I looked it up on YouTube a while ago. I didn't know it was only released last year until I went to put the date against the nomination.

I asked my son Peter last night 'did he like it', but he said he 'prefers' their older stuff'. Square ! And 19th Nervous Breakdown has always been one of my Stones' favorites.

:rockon:

I put those couple of links on, Chris. Hope they're OK !

Two of my sons like RHCP. Pete's nearly 25 and Brian 28 in a couple of weeks. Dave is into anthing guitars, and he doesn't share their tastes really.

I'll have to check out Pete's CDs sometimes. He suggested I nominate a Tool song, but I'd have to censor myself with most of their lyrics, wouldn't I ?

:laughing:

You wouldn't offend me, I think Tool is overrated.

By the way, in case anyone is interested (and didn't figure it out for themselves), here are the bands the Chili Peppers are impersonating in the Dani California video:

Elvis Presley

Buddy Holly and the Crickets

Jimi Hendrix/Cream (psychedelic rock)

P-Funk

Gary Glitter/David Bowie (glam rock)

The Sex Pistols

The Misfits

Poison

Nirvana

:rockon:

I'm still here.

Pete doesn't. He's a big fan of theirs. ;)

Tim, at the start of the RHCP clip, don't they do The Beatles after Elvis (although I did see horn rimmed glasses as per Buddy Holly - maybe both ?), and isn't that Prince and his Band straight after ?