The Songfactors' Choice DIAMOND Top Ten #75

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The song was a little racy - it was cut from the SNL episode it was supposed to be on because of the content - so I should have known better about nominating it. It is just a song that has made me laugh so many times when I've needed it in the past several months, and so it's special to me.

Oh snap, Shawna, was it something in a box? :laughing: If so, I love you even more (if possible) for attempting to nominate it. If not, will someone please tell me what the bleepity blanking bleep it was? Am I talking to myself here? }:( :grin:

My nominations for this most auspicious Top Ten are as follows:

Sabotage - Beastie Boys

Sweet Caroline - Neil motherlovin' Diamond, baby!*

[smallest]* Dedicated to my precious gal, C-girl.[/smallest]

As always, I am in desperate need of some serious YouTubing, por favor. :grin:

as long as you keep nominating such 'gems', I'll gladly keep doing it :grin:

I can't stand it I know you planned it

But I'm gonna set it straight, this Watergate

I can't stand rocking when I'm in here

Because your crystal ball ain't so crystal clear

So while you sit back and wonder why

I got this f**king thorn in my side

Oh my god, it's a mirage

I'm tellin' y'all it's SABOTAGE!!

:rockon:

Thanks Sweetie. :) Love Ya !!!

The only complaint I had was from Elder Ed of The Church Of The Latter Day Saints. Not about the song, but because you said 'Mormon'.

I assured him that it was a typo error and you meant 'Moron'. :grin:

(No offence intended to members of the Mormon faith !)

"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"- Iron Butterfly

Helpless- Neil Young (CSNY, originally?)

Hi Tim ! :)

Please go ahead and put on the Youtube clips (in Parts 1 and 2) for In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida if you'd like to ! I can't find the clip for the edited 2.52 version which charted as a single in 1968.

Helpless was originally on CSNY's 1970 Deja Vu Album, and on Neil Young's solo Album Decade in 1977. He also did a new version of it 'Unplugged' in 1993.

You want to go with the 1977 Neil Young version, Tim ???

Kevin, for a dork, those are pretty cool noms you picked....I had them on my list of 76 songs that I have.... :thumbsup:

Oh ... sure you did , Laurie - 75+ freaking Top Tens later !?! :laughing: :laughing: :smirk:

Thanks to whomever added the videos - as if you aren't bouncin' around to the rubber band man by now ( sorry it's not an original video ) ! :cool: :afro: :afro: :afro: :thumbsup:

Fin, I think a few people are 'holding off' nominating until late to see just what else gets nominated first. I had a Stones' and a Beatles' song, but I'm waiting to see if others want to nominate more of those first. There's 2 of each so far. I'll hold mine over if necessary. blind-fitter is away for a couple of weeks, so we won't have his, unfortunately.

Kevin, I added those video links. That was the only half decent one I could find of 'The Rubberband Man'.

:)