The Songfactors' Choice DIAMOND Top Ten #75

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN DIAMOND JUBILEE !!!! :headphones:

diamond75.gif

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO PARTICIPATE. IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs from 1950 to the present that haven't made the Ten before (please click to view) Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens.

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them on here. Points are allotted 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them.

:headphones:

PLEASE LET US HAVE YOUR NEW NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ultimate in Bubble-Gum:

Sugar Sugar ~ The Archies (1969) This is the original, the one we all grew up on. You know it, and secretly you know you love it! For some reason, I picture edna as Veronica and myself as Betty!! :grin:

Sugar Sugar ~ The Archies (1969) This is the version for the purists, who don't like getting thier music from cartoon characters! The Archies included Ron Dante on lead vocals, Andy Kim (one of the songs writers), Ellie Greenwich, and Toni Wine (I'm gonna make life so sweet).

and:

ABC ~ The Jackson 5 (1970) Awww! Wasn't little Michael cute! And hey, it's a good song! A bit of trivia.... The song knocked "Let It Be" out of the #1 spot on the Billboard Top 100! :)

since it's the diamond jubilee, I have come back to haunt you all. ;)

1. I Wanna Be With You ~ The Raspberries

Evidently some straightlaced Mormon somewhere with zero sense of humor decided that my second song was too racy for this, so I have been asked to remove it to alleviate further uprising.

Maybe it's because I'm tired and cranky, but that really yanks my chain. It's a freakin' FUNNY song and video. }:( }:( }:( }:( }:( }:( }:( }:( }:( }:(

Edited by Guest
removed my offensive nomination

Hey Shawna!! It's great to see you here! You are wearing your tiara, and ball gown, correct? I personally have on a sweet little off the shoulder satin number on, and found my diamond encrusted tiara on the top shelf of the closet, back behind my mink stole! ;)

By the way, I've loved the Justin Timberlake video since the first time you brought it to my attention! Hilarious! :)

Evidently some straightlaced Mormon somewhere with zero sense of humor decided that my second song was too racy for this, so I have been asked to remove it to alleviate further uprising.

That was me !

Maybe it's because I'm tired and cranky, but that really yanks my chain. It's a freakin' FUNNY song and video. }:( }:( }:( }:( }:( }:( }:( }:( }:( }:(

I think it's funny too, but it doesn't belong here !

This will no doubt make my detractors happy, and unfortunately ignite the 'censorship' debate again. I can just see some reaching for their keyboards now. I was hoping this "Special Occasion" Top Ten would go without incident !

BTW, I don't delete links to some videos to 'protect' any of you. I have Songfacts saved to My Favorites, and my 6 year old Grandaughter knows to click on it, and if she then clicks on the 'blue writing' she'll see and hear a song. Maybe a few others out there who have younger brothers/sisters, children, grandchildren may feel as I do too ! Let them have a few more years of innocence. Might also save you getting asked some awkward questions !

Edited by Guest
BTW