The Songfactors' Choice DIAMOND Top Ten #75

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Janis Joplin ~ Maybe

What can I say about Janis that hasn't already been said or written about her talent. I love this song, she is so powerful, heartwrenching, and soulful with this song.

Janis

Bruce Springsteen ~ Rosalita

This is what makes Bruce...Bruce!! He said it was the best love song he ever wrote and he is right. He sang it with passion and when he sang it on stage you felt exactly what Bruce was singing about, fantastic song, classic all the way!

Bruce!

Jane, I cannot say how much I love 'Maybe' by Janis! Thanks for nominating! :thumbsup:

Someone convinced me :grin: :bow:

Govinda - Kula Shaker

I don't even care if it doesn't make it. It's MY band and I love them and I want them here!

btw it IS a biggie... the biggest song off the second-highest selling debut album in the UK (The first being Oasis' Definitely Maybe).

:bow: :rockon: :bow:

any fan of 60s psychadelic Rock should give this one definitely a listen

I have to say, this Ten is developing far better than I imagined :thumbsup:

Hi Tim ! :)

Please go ahead and put on the Youtube clips (in Parts 1 and 2) for In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida if you'd like to ! I can't find the clip for the edited 2.52 version which charted as a single in 1968.

Helpless was originally on CSNY's 1970 Deja Vu Album, and on Neil Young's solo Album Decade in 1977. He also did a new version of it 'Unplugged' in 1993.

You want to go with the 1977 Neil Young version, Tim ???

I think I'll go with the 1970 CSNY version, Deja Vu was brilliant.

And I don't think I'll bother putting up the videos for In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, because I'm sure those who would be inclined to vote for it already know it quite well, and really, who has time to watch a 17 minute song on YouTube? :P