The Best Covers Top Ten

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bow: :bow: :bow:

I know someone who needs to think of one new nomination :grin: :thumbsup:

Yes, I thought about that too... :angel: :laughing: but isn´t it also a proof of my love for her? :grin:

In any case, and as I have many other covers to nominate, I hope she´ll let me know if she´s mad at me (betrayal!!! :grin: :grin: ) and then I´ll change my nomination... ;)

There goes one nomination of mine... do I still get partial credit if it makes it?

:grin: Don't worry... I'm more than happy that someone else decided to nominate the KS version. I know the you-know-who who nominated it, loves it and that makes me verry verry glad :grin: :grin:

And NOW..... like another you-know-who said... I have to think of another nomination! :laughing: :grin:

Thanks Ray. You can explain it to them later. ;)

C C Rider - Eric Burdon.

Can´t find on youtube and I don´t know who did the original version (Ma rainey?)

I missed edna, but C.C.Rider was credited to 'The Animals', not Eric Burdon solo, and Ma Rainey wrote and recorded it originally in 1925 as "See See Rider Blues".

The first version I really knew was by Chuck Willis in 1957.

Keep up the good songs' nominations ! There's some beauties.

Good Night All. :)

Geez, can't take a minute off around here! I think maybe all the good covers have been used.... eh, maybe not ;)

Who Do You Love by George Thorogood Original version by Bo Diddley

Hot Rod Lincoln by Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen Original version by Charlie Ryan

(please excuse the first 45 seconds or so of the singing hand, who misindentifies the artist as Johnny Cash)

Thanks Ray. You can explain it to them later. ;)

do I still have to wait for it or isn't it funny anymore now? :P

C C Rider - Eric Burdon.

Can´t find on youtube and I don´t know who did the original version (Ma rainey?)

I missed edna, but C.C.Rider was credited to 'The Animals', not Eric Burdon solo, and Ma Rainey wrote and recorded it originally in 1925 as "See See Rider Blues".

actually the Animals' song is also called "See See Rider"