The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #68

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks edna - I'll tell Karen. :)

I was surprised when she said that one was her favorite. I like it too of course, but there's a few other Beach Boys' songs I would have nominated before it. Of course, I'm a big fan of theirs, having only more of Beatles and Elvis Records/CDs in my collection.

Thanks Lars. :)

I asked Tony about 'Series Of Dreams' when you nominated it, but he doesn't know it. What Album is it from please, my friend ? I'll look for it when we're back in Brisbane.

He likes all the older stuff best, especially 30s/40s U.S. Blues singers/guitarists and the 'formative' British Blues Groups of the 60s. My daughter doesn't share his taste in music. I'm sure he'd get on well with bluesboy.

Bob's his favorite though, and I've been listening to a lot of his Albums this week. Maybe I've been a bit harsh on poor old Bob - his vocals aren't as bad as I remembered. I still think he's a better songwriter than singer though.

;)

It looks like I've killed the Thread again. :P

I can see many of my friends online now (HI !!!).

Wouldn't it be great if some who used to participate joined us again ?

I hope nobody else out there took offense at my Post on 'obscure' songs ! I might have to go into the 'Songfactors' Protection Program' if Carl can find me a Safe House.

Darryl, it's on Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits Vol 3. Here's the track list:

Changing of the Guards

Groom's Still Waiting at the Altar

Hurricane

Forever Young

Jokerman

Dignity

Silvio

Ring Them Bells

Gotta Serve Somebody

Series of Dreams

Brownsville Girl

Under the Red Sky

Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Thanks Mate ! Tony doesn't have it. And it has one of my favorites, "Hurricane".

I think 'Rainy Day Women #12 and #35' is a bit too 'Commercial' for this week, so I'll hold it over till next Ten. Also, I don't really like duplicating Artists in my nominations. I've replaced it with another of Tony's favorites, the Allman Brothers' classic 'One Way Out'.

:)

Thanks Lucky. :)

I can see that all registered users on here are Top Ten regulars. Hi Gang !

It's a shame that some who used to participate - whom I still see on here regularly - have dropped out.

Anyway, thanks to all who've kept it/ keep it going. :thumbsup:

Night Gang. :headphones: