The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #61

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #61. :headphones:

EVERYONE IS MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. ALL YOU DO IS:

* Nominate two songs from 1950 to the present that haven't made the Ten before (please click to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens. There are NO other restrictions.

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them on here. Points are allotted 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them.

PLEASE LET US HAVE YOUR NEW NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allrighty then Darryl, I've got mine ready! I've got two songs which have surprisingly never been nominated before. You said big guns right? :)

You Can't Always Get What You Want ~ The Rolling Stones (1969) (This clip is from the tv series House, but it's the studio release, not a live version. You know the song!)

Hey Hey What Can I Do ~ Led Zeppelin (1970) This song is unusual beacuse it wasn't released on a Led Zeppelin album, until the box set released in 1990. There you go Darryl! It's not an obscure album cut!! :)

I have never nominated a Rolling Stones song, leaving them to others. This is the one I would've chosen all along though!!

I'm going to save my modern nominations for next ten, because I'm not going to put them up against the songs that have already been nominated. So:

Draw the Line- Aerosmith (I'm nominating this because it has some of the best rock screaming ever, possibly only bested by Won't Be Fooled Again. This was the last song they played at the concert I went to last year. It really hurts having your mind blown and your ears shattered at the same time, but in a good way.)

The River- Bruce Springsteen (Depressing, but brilliant)

By all means go ahead and change them Shawna. :)

Next week's going to be a "No Songs that have been #1 in our Tens", so you could give them a run then ! If you do, please put them in the 'Videos for Prospective Nominations" Thread so we can have an early look at them. It's up to you, though.

:P

"Only a Northern Song" - Beatles.

"Silver Train" - The Rolling Stones

Amended at dear edna's request.

I can´t edit my post anymore... so if you want to change it, here it is: "Silver Train" - The Rolling Stones. I´ll nominate "Cygnet Committee" next Top ten. Thank you...

Edited by Guest
GO SILVER TRAIN !