The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #60

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to be honest, I'm not so sure about those 'no artists who have previously made the top ten' tens. I don't mind too many well-known nominations, but if I have to look up 90% of the nominated songs I really get sick of it.

well, but if there's a halfway known Stones/Beatles/CCR song nominated I already know what our #1 will be :sleepy: :sleepy:

so how about "no artists that have been a #1"?

CSN&Y undoubtly performed it live, but as far as I found they never released it on one of their records (except the 1992 extended edition of "Four Way Street")

but ultimatly it's your nomination / choice, I can change it back if you want to :)

Steel, Farin is correct. It was released in 1969 on "Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere". I inadvertantly, while double checking to make sure it wasn't released on "Deja Vu" in 1970, included it as being on that album also. It was not. It should have read....

Down By The River - Neil Young & Crazy Horse (1969)

Sorry!! :crazy:

It should have read....

9. Steppin' Out - Joe Jackson .. I had Down By The River - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young here, but since it's basically Neil Young's show in this case, and since Neil Young's version with Crazy Horse has already made the Top Ten, I changed my mind.

FYI, the "with Crazy Horse" version won the number six position in Top Ten #37

Well dang it, master bazooka. Ron, since the song has actually made the top ten previously, some corrections will undoubtedly be made. We'll wait for Darryl or Farin to come on, and probably award you an extra nomination for Top Ten #61.

Due To the aforementioned glitch...

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #60 for the week ending 29th April 2007 (New and Improved Version)

1. Tell Me (You're Coming Back) - The Rolling Stones (1964)

2. Come Dancing - The Kinks (1983)

3. Love Is Like Oxygen - Sweet (1978)

4. Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling Again - The Fortunes (1971)

5. Don't Bring Me Down - Electric Light Orchestra (1979)

6. Whatever Gets You Thru the Night - John Lennon (1974)

7. Midnight Confessions - The Grass Roots (1968)

8. Pump It Up - Elvis Costello (1978)

9. One - Three Dog Night (1969)

10. Hush - Kula Shaker (1997)

:headphones:

Many apologies to Steel2Velvet! After conferring with Old 55, we'll be giving Ron an extra nomination for Top Ten #61.

And let us give a big THANK YOU to Tim and bazooka !!!

With 600 Songs now in our Top ten database, the occasional glitch is sure to occur. We appreciate any assistance very much.

Yes, Radhi will be pleased. :)

ONE point :puppyeyes: :(

It was the puppy eyes that did it. :grin:

so how about "no artists that have been a #1"?

Farin, how about doing that for #62, and make #61 WIDE OPEN. I'm sick of tiptoeing around not nominating songs by BIG Artists. I haven't nominated a Beatles' or Stones' song since Adam was a boy. (OK, I had one unexpected (to me) #1 with a CCR song, 'I Heard It Through The Grapevine' - not a single).

LET'S GO FOR IT THIS TIME !!! I have a Beatles' song which I'm finally going to nominate + one yet to be determined, but it'll be another big name.

I inadvertantly, while double checking to make sure it wasn't released on "Deja Vu" in 1970, included it as being on that album also. It was not. It should have read....

don't make me fire you. :beady: :grin: