The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #60

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

HOW TO BE A GOOD WIFE

(excerpt from a 1950’s high school home economics textbook)

Have dinner ready: Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal – on time. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal is part of the warm welcome needed.

Thanks edna. :)

Here's the first line - I'm still working on the other 'requirements'.

Female acolytes required to worship ancient Love God.

I think that's a good start, don't you ???

How about Wealthy female acolytes required to worship ancient Love God.

I can translate it into Swedish if you like. In the late 50s the Maharishi said "let's try this in Sweden first. If they go for it the rest of the world will!"

Where's my two ? Fortunately I only sent pieces of newspaper cut to dollar bill size. But I am out of pocket on the postage ! Vote for my Beatles' nomination next time and we'll call it square. I'm bored. I might start a Cult or something.

;)

Go to hell , Darryl ! Apparently you AREN'T aware of the conspiracy to keep all of / most of your nominations out of the 10 ... regardless of the 'cost ' . :shades: :laughing:

Wow, what's been going on while I was sleeping? First Kevin blabs all about our plot for Darryl's nominations, then I find out he's an ancient Love God, in disguise....

Darryl, you may have trouble rounding up those acolytes with that 50's sort of thinking.

"Val won't let me..." Ha! I love it! :laughing: She knows what's what in 2007!! :)

I was bored, so I thought I'd do something destructive. :sleepy:

50s thinking ??? I'd love to have seen my Dad try any of that on Mum in the 50s. She controlled him with her womanly wiles, as far as I remember. :P

Val knows what's what ! She just brought me a cup of tea and a biscuit. :grin:

God love her ! She still thinks I'm an A.S.G. and she's my Goddess.

And as for Karaoke Kevin...I'm going to nominate Celene Dion and Anne Murray - the only Canadians who can really sing - in future, just to get his vote.

Also, I don't nominate songs that were Hits only in Australia. How would anyone else except maybe Katie and Chris know them ? Same for other 'endemic' songs.

I thought that's why we post the videos/mp3s? ;)

How should we ever GET to know them if nobody mentions such great songs?

I never knew about Keh Sanh before Chris nominated it - great song! :thumbsup:

Martin, I think that's a little too restrictive. That would be Ten "new" Artists.

I'd settle for just "no Artist/s that've been #1 in Our Top Ten."

I'm open to anything, it was just the way we used to do the 'restricted Tens', and I quite liked the outcome... :)

any thoughts are appreciated :)

And as for Karaoke Kevin...I'm going to nominate Celene Dion and Anne Murray - the only Canadians who can really sing - in future, just to get his vote.

:laughing: :laughing:

Please, not Celine, Darryl!! Anne Murray I could almost go for!

Got to say, I'm with Martin here on this one... :)

I like learning new artists/songs, even if they don't get my vote.

I can't get to know a song after a couple of hearings. The videos are a waste of time except as 'memory joggers'. Someone sees/hears them and says 'so that's what it's called. I like it but didn't know the name'.

Maybe we should start a "Videos for prospective nominations" Thread ?

I'm serious ! Let people say "I'm thinking of nominating this in the future. Anyone know it ? I think it's a great song and I invite you to have a listen and give me your opinion". Why waste nominations with songs that nobody's heard of before? And I defy anyone to really appreciate a song that's new to them after only a couple of plays.

:stars:

OK Martin. Please talk it over with Lucky, and if she's in agreement let's do it !

It'll also give those people that are around at weekends something to do in our Group of Top Ten Threads. Do you agree that it's best kept in there ? I will air a few of my little known favorites, and I'll invite people to tell me what they honestly think of them; maybe even rate the songs out of 5.

Goodnight Mate. I'm off to bed. :)

Guys, I started that months ago, just not linking it per say to the top ten... the "Do You Know This Song" Thread in Music Discussion. That was the intent of the thread, anyway. Then we started posting them here. I thought it a good idea then, and do now! :)

O.K. :) That was a good innovation Lucky. :thumbsup:

We'll make it part of our Top Ten Group ? What would you two like to call it...

"The Songfactors' Choice Nominations Video Previews" ???

"The Songfactors' Choice Videos For Prospective Nominations" ???

"Videos For Prospective Songfactors' Choice Top Ten Nominations" ???

"Video Previews For Prospective Top Ten Nominations" ??? (Simple, self-explanatory ?)

Something like that ? Whatever you call it is fine with me.

P.S. I'm not suggesting 'dropping' videos from Nominations in the Top Tens.

Goodnight. :headphones:

2 members haven't voted yet, but time's a-runnin'... :crazy:

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #60 for the week ending 29th April 2007

1. Tell Me (You're Coming Back) - The Rolling Stones (1964)

2. Come Dancing - The Kinks (1983)

3. Love Is Like Oxygen - Sweet (1978)

4. Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling Again - The Fortunes (1971)

5. Don't Bring Me Down - Electric Light Orchestra (1979)

6. Whatever Gets You Thru the Night - John Lennon (1974)

7. Midnight Confessions - The Grass Roots (1968)

8. Pump It Up - Elvis Costello (1978)

9. One - Three Dog Night (1969)

10.Hush - Kula Shaker (1997)

REVISED.

:headphones:

What?? :P "Tell Me" #1?? :shades: wow... I was sure it wouldn´t even be among the five or six first ones... :) :) The Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World... The Rolling Stones!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

...and a great song! :thumbsup:

What a great list... Kinks, Fortunes, Sweet, Lennon, ELO... :bow: :bow: :bow: