The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #60

Another excellent showing for my nominations, I see... :P

As with mine b-f. I knew that when I nominated the songs I did though. Votes or not, Black Cloud by Trapeze (have you heard of them b-f?) will always be one of my favorite songs!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed the Crispian Mills discussion. I'd just like to say that I did know that he was the son of Hayley Mills and so on. Unfortunately, I am more acquainted with his work than that of his mother or grandfather.

I knew nothing of the family tree connection that followed! :P big family, eh?

Hush - Kula Shaker (1997)

Low - Cracker (1993)

Low - R.E.M. (1991)

Jane Says - Jane's Addiction (1987)

Child Psychology - Black Box Recorder (1998)

Behind The Wall Of Sleep - The Smithereens (1986)

Smooth Operator - Sade (1984)

Civil War - Guns N' Roses (1991)

You Don't Love Me (No, No, No) - Dawn Penn (1994)

5:15 - The Who (1973)

That was a tough top 6! Or 2-5 anyway

1. Us and Them - Pink Floyd

2. Whatever Gets You Thru the Night - John Lennon

3. Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darin

4. Get Rhythm - Johnny Cash

5. Midnight Confessions - Grass Roots

6. Compared To What - Les McCann & Eddie Harris

7. Black Cloud - Trapeze

8. Steppin' Out - Joe Jackson

9. All I Really Want To Do - Byrds

10. Tobacco Road - Nashville Teens

Tell Me (You're Coming Back) - The Rolling Stones will probably make #1.

who says that? :shocked: :shocked:

So we've had Stones, Beatles, Who, Pink Floyd nominations this time. I reckon that makes it 'open house' next Ten ! One of my nominations will be a Beatles' song.

;)

I think this REALLY calls for a "no-band-that's-been-in-a-Top-Ten-before-Ten"

:crazy: :P

1. Low - Cracker (1993)

2. Hush - Kula Shaker (1997) (I'll say it again - much better than Deep Purple's version)

3. Low - R.E.M. (1991)

4. National Anthem, The - Radiohead (2000)

5. Pump It Up - Elvis Costello (1978)

6. Child Psychology - Black Box Recorder (1998)

7. Down By The River - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young (1970)

8. Jane Says - Jane's Addiction (1987)

9. Civil War - Guns N' Roses (1991)

10. Love Is Like Oxygen - Sweet (1978)

1. Smooth Operator - Sade (1984)

2. The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot (1976)

3. Breathe (2 AM) - Anna Nalick (2005)

4. Down By The River - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young (1970)

5. I've Got A Feeling - The Beatles (1970)

6. Kokomo - The Beach Boys (1983)

7. Tobacco Road - The Nashville Teens (1964)

8. Ally-Oop - The Hollywood Argyles (1960) ("Ain't he hip?")

9. I'm So Excited - The Pointer Sisters (1982)

10. Tell Me - The Rolling Stones (1964)

As with mine b-f. I knew that when I nominated the songs I did though. Votes or not, Black Cloud by Trapeze (have you heard of them b-f?) will always be one of my favorite songs!

Sorry Lucky, I can honestly say that Black Cloud just missed out on my ten. Trapeze was a pretty cool band.

Two original members returned to the Montanas. Glenn Hughes (bass) joined Deep Purple, replacing Roger Glover. Dave Holland (drums) left to join Judas Priest, and Mel Galley, the singer, joined Whitesnake first, and later Black Sabbath. The only other well known song they had in the US was "Medusa". Sound-wise they always reminded me of Humble Pie.

Edited by Guest

[i think this REALLY calls for a "no-band-that's-been-in-a-Top-Ten-before-Ten".

:crazy: :P

Martin, I think that's a little too restrictive. That would be Ten "new" Artists.

I'd settle for just "no Artist/s that've been #1 in Our Top Ten."

Still, it's about time I nominated a Beatles or Stones song. I've restrained from doing so for a lonnng time. But I've never had a #1 with either of them anyway.

Here's my original 'Mission Statement' from Top Ten #1.

A couple of other Songfactors I've spoken to agree with me that we're tired of seeing the same old songs in the Songfacts Daily and Weekly Top Tens. What do you think ? How about we start our own. No obscure Album Tracks please.

Well, we've gotten away from the last sentence. Add obscure 'B' sides also.

Also, I don't nominate songs that were Hits only in Australia. How would anyone else except maybe Katie and Chris know them ? Same for other 'endemic' songs.

Anyway, it's YOUR Top Ten. Whatever you want is fine with me.

I just think it's hypocritical that we dodge nominating "huge Hits" (not that they've always been popular here anyway). Either we have wide open Top Tens or exclude the 'Big Names' (those who've made #1 in our Top Tens).

Personally I'd like to see alternating "Open" and "No Number #1s" Top Tens.

:stars:

Now Old55 has been banned ! Now , I'm on strike ! }:(

Thanks for the support Mate. If I get banned again, it'll be for using bad language when I have to remind you to vote every week. P.S. Don't forget to vote for my two; payment in a plain brown envelope is on it's way.

;)

I'm bored. I might start a Cult or something.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have insomnia... :P well, not really, I was awaken at 5 am by two cats playing on my bed, jumping and running all over the room :stars: I told my husband to close the door at night... :doh: anyways, I can´t sleep anymore now. I´m ready to help you with the New Church, Darryl. I can translate the pamphlets into Spanish, French and Russian. We´ll need people, you know... :shades:

Do you need the translations right now? I´m still having my second coffee with tylenol... :shades:

:laughing:

When I came to Spain I met some guys who were looking for "girls drawing and writing comics". I was a Beaux Arts student by then and I did comics and paintings so we became very close and even worked together for years. One day one of them told me that they were actually looking for "girls"... :laughing: I´m very naive... :cool:

I´ll translate everything you wish, oh Guru :bow:

Thank you, dear edna. :)

P.S. You qualify. Naivety is the main requirement when joining a Cult.

This is really all my Wife's fault.

She went shopping and left me all alone. I even had to get my own coffee ! Serve her right if the house is full of female acolytes when she gets back.

This is really all my Wife's fault. She went shopping and left me all alone. I even had to get my own coffee !

That´s a good subject for the "Ask the opposite sex" thread, you know? :shades: I was wondering why some men are so free and know how to cope with life and everyday´s stuff but when the wife is away... panick!! :laughing: