Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For you UncleJoe...a change of subject...

How much do things cost, where you live?

In my case:

A liter of gas $1.06

A 4-liter jug of milk $3.30

Bananas are about $.60/lb

Cost of housing has gone up a lot in my area. The average resale house is around $260,000.

Our gas prices are hovering around the $3 mark (per gallon).

The same year I bought my condo (2005), my nephew bought a house. His house was $130,000. Within a year that house was worth $250,000. It's insane. But the market has almost completely died.

A gallon of milk is anywhere from $2.89 to $4, depending on the brand.

I bet Marc's house is balancing on the half-million line, or better, since he's in SoCal (and it's a nice house!)

a litre of gas (Super) around 1.30€ (1.90$)

we usually buy milk in 1-litre packs... around 0.70€ (4-litre 4.10$)

bananas are... (I think) about 1.20-1.30€ / kg (0,88-0,95$/lb)

housing... no idea :P

In Spain, 1 litre gas (Diesel) is 1€ and something. Milk is 75 or 80 cents. Bananas, no idea...

A normal rent in a big city (75m2 appartment)= 1.000€ and you´re very lucky.

A house could cost some 500.000 €.

An average salary= 800€

Yes, we still have the sun...

a litre of gas: around £1.08, or so I've been told (2.10$)

4 litres of milk: about £2.80 (5.50$)

a pound of bananas: something like £0.50 (1$)

Now am I completely off and/or shopping at the most expensive places or are prices really this high compared to both of you? :crazy:

well, our gas prices where already higher (on your level), and the bananas aren't that far off...

your milk seems to be a bit more expensive though... :P

do you still get it delivered to your front door, maybe? ;)

The cheapest gas I see is $2.73/gallon for regular.

I really don't pay attention to milk prices...isn't that sad? I've probably been paying more anyway, since I only buy milk in a carton, and sometimes that's hard to find.

House prices where I live can vary. When we bought our house, we paid about $250,000 (4-bedroom colonial). We live across the street from the builder and his house could probably sell for a million (five bedrooms, everything upgraded, on the lake).

Our gas prices are hovering around the $3 mark (per gallon).

The same year I bought my condo (2005), my nephew bought a house. His house was $130,000. Within a year that house was worth $250,000. It's insane. But the market has almost completely died.

A gallon of milk is anywhere from $2.89 to $4, depending on the brand.

I bet Marc's house is balancing on the half-million line, or better, since he's in SoCal (and it's a nice house!)

Houses in Riverside are the ones which seem to have taken the biggest hit in prices. At least, that's where I've seen owners default. Houses by the coastline didn't see any change. Neither did houses in exclusive neighborhoods. Hell, I couldn't afford to buy a house where I currently live at. To rent a room is at least 1K/mo. and the avg. house price is 1 mill USD... although it might come a little cheaper if I paid in Euros :cool:

=:P :help:

I'm not sure. It would be difficult for sure, but not impossible. They would be so busy chasing computer geeks sharing music files that people could walk in and out of a bank without a policeman in sight. Sounds like a threat but they won't catch too many people.