Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She's my oldest, and none of my friends have children this age. I ask her a question and she either pretends she doesn't hear, or she says "Stop talking to me!" On the other hand, she knows when to turn on the charm when she wants something from me. Good grief.

Sounds like every kid I know.

The young boy who lives here will curse a blue streak and tell his mom he doesn't need to listen to her, etc.... but when he really wants something he suddenly cuddles up to her and starts up with the "I love you mommy" and all that jazz. In the end he always wins, so he has no incentive to change his attitude. Lots of kids do the same.

The two younger ones are boys, and they squabble and try to destroy the house. She's the only one working on my mind!

You are right about a lot of kids being this way. I do call her on her behaviour, but it would be nice not to have her snarky attitude to begin with...

Yep Mars...I've raised two girls also....and when they reach their teens, something happens to the attitude, behavior, etc....It's typical, and normal....she'll come around in time......but you need patience, lots of it.... :P And remember to set rules and...be consistent, and set consequences for their actions....hang in there Mars....

Thanks Laurie for the encouragement.

She starts high school next year...hopefully it won't be too much of an adjustment for her. She goes to a school where the kids get pretty much all they want. She sometimes questions why she can't have this and that...I tell her she can have some things, but not EVERYTHING. Her response? "Are we poor?"!

I've heard the same words from my two also....My daughter's friend got a car for graduation from her parents....My daughter of course went through that whole speel with me too.....I did not go into a speech with her, I just said "Well that's nice they can do that"....My daughter ended up saving the money from her after school job...that was two years ago and "Old Betty" that's her car is still going strong...And she takes very good care of it too.. coz she worked hard for it...and loves it!

She turns 14 in March, and she can't wait to learn how to drive. I joked about giving her the Honda when she gets her license; so when I told her we were looking to find a new vehicle to replace it, she was quite alarmed. She asked: Wasn't that supposed to be my car? I agree, if they buy it themselves, they appreciate it a lot more.

Laurie... if you're a hair-dye virgin, the best (and least expensive) idea would be to get a box of the stuff that washes out in 28 washes. That way, if the color you get (which isn't always the color the box shows) isn't something you like, it'll be gone in 3-4 weeks. And if you DO like it, then you can go get the permanent version in the same color and do it again in 3-4 weeks.

But only do-it-yourself if you're going for a solid color. I tried that weave they make look so easy, and it wasn't.

Thanks for all of your suggestions everyone....Shawna I took your advice....My daughter came over and did it for me.....It looks good!.... :thumbsup: