Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm glad I finished my sip of coffee before I read Marc's joke! Hilarious!

As for the bathroom thing. I always keep the bathroom door closed, but if I were alone, I'd probably have the bedroom door open. Growing up, I used to take my clothes into the bathroom with me and get in them as soon as I dried off. It took me a while to learn to do otherwise.

I have a myspace question: I noticed when I uploaded some photos recently that there appears to be an option where others can copy your photos and load them on their own computer. I want to NOT allow that and I've looked and looked for a box to check to disallow... and can find nothing.

Anyone?

Okay Songfactors....I want to dye my hair "sometime" when I get the nerve...I have never dyed my hair before....Should I go to a salon to have it done or is from the box okay to use?....all my friends say they do their own because it's cheaper, and their hair looks fine...but I'm skeered... :P

Laurie... if you're a hair-dye virgin, the best (and least expensive) idea would be to get a box of the stuff that washes out in 28 washes. That way, if the color you get (which isn't always the color the box shows) isn't something you like, it'll be gone in 3-4 weeks. And if you DO like it, then you can go get the permanent version in the same color and do it again in 3-4 weeks.

But only do-it-yourself if you're going for a solid color. I tried that weave they make look so easy, and it wasn't.

Tell them not to use ammonia but vegetable ingredients, ammonia slowly burns your hair and some women are allergic to it.

I did it twice cause I wanted to have black hair instead of brown and I will do it again soon but this time I´ll do it at home with a friend... we´ll just wash everything when we´re done with it... :)

I'm afraid to dye my hair, too, Laurie. Mostly because it's so dark. I'm afraid it will turn a hideous shade of orange or something. Plus, if I went a lot lighter, I'd need to dye my eyebrows. You can hide hideous hair under a hat, but how do you hide hideous eyebrows? (Man, that sounds like something out of Dr. Seuss)

Someday, I'll get brave and go to a salon and get highlights or something (maybe when I get some more grays) but for now, my original "almost black" will do.

so i'm having trouble trying to decide what to study and do this year...so was wondering...what do you songfactors do for a living and how was it that you made the decision to do that? or how you ended up there if it wasn't a decision?

...oh yeah...and laurie, i'd go to a salon, especially if you are thinking of going lighter

In the US at least, computer science is very marketable. Any company you can think of needs tech support, or there are companies that design custom systems and sell/support them. A friend of mine left where I work (a pharmaceutical company) to work for a company that designs and supports a program that is widely used in pharmaceuticals all over the world. She is actually going to be spending the better part of the next six weeks traveling.