Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How is Adware different from spybot? Do I need them both?

Shannon, run AdAware and immediately afterward run Spybot. Spybot always detects something that AdAware didn't. That's how it came recommended to me and I find that it works like a charm. I've never tried the process in reverse order (he said anticipating someone's question).

Kev, make like Edith Bunker and stifle.

Shawna, don't stick youir butt out like that.

Uncle Joe,

I updated to the most current Spybot and since then all the scans have come up clean...whereas before it frequently caught items (tracking cookies, etc..)to be deleted. Is the program getting stuff before it gets onto the computer, or is it malfunctioning?

LOL, Uncle Joe...Mars = first initial of my three childrens' names and the first initial of our last name!

The computers have been running very slow, I will need to do something drastic soon. I am trying to avoid the re-formatting procedure, but I may not be able to avoid it...

Shannon, run AdAware and immediately afterward run Spybot. Spybot always detects something that AdAware didn't. That's how it came recommended to me and I find that it works like a charm. I've never tried the process in reverse order (he said anticipating someone's question).

then why using ad-aware at all? ;) :grin:

Uncle Joe,

I updated to the most current Spybot and since then all the scans have come up clean...whereas before it frequently caught items (tracking cookies, etc..)to be deleted. Is the program getting stuff before it gets onto the computer, or is it malfunctioning?

spybot (and ad-aware too) have a real-time protection additionally to the system scans :)