Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had thought about putting this in the "Ask The Opposite Sex" thread, but I need to ask my same sex a question. :crazy:

How the heck much perfume should you wear for it to be noticeable?

I have not ever had anyone comment on the perfume I'm wearing, good, bad, or ugly. So I finally said something at work, and my sister said, "Maybe it's because you never wear any." And when I said, "but I do," she said she has never been able to detect any.

So what do you do? Take a bath in it? I've always been more paranoid of putting on so much that it suffocates people.

OH MY GOD, NO! You don't wanna wear too much lest you should offend someone who's overly sensitive to perfumes. I recall changing brands from Hugo Boss to some cheapo RL in a blue bottle (ma', gave it to me, so I had to use it). That cologne was so potent that I got a headache wearing the same amount I used to spray. While at the office, I had to ditch that shirt pronto because I had a very strong feeling it wasn't agreeing with one of the managers. It's very embarrassing.

There are a couple of guys here at work who put on waaaay to much colonge. It gives me a headache when these guys walk into my office or I am in a car with them. I fight back by smoking the nastiest cigar I can find. That usually gets my point accross. For scents, less is always more as far as I am concerned.

I don't I ever reek of perfume no matter how much I put on. Though I'm stingy so I never put on much. Whatever I do spritz always wears off eventually :/

I think to a large extent it depends on the type of perfume you wear. There was one I used a couple of years ago that got more than a few (positive) comments. Pity I never found it again, I really liked it. :(

I don't really know how to answer a 'how much' question... but remember... it's better to smell of nothing than to smell :grin:

Here are my 2 "cents"; hopefully I'm not offending anyone. I am allergic to perfumes (and other heavily scented things);it is torture for me to be near someone who has tons if it on. There are only a few perfumes that don't set off a violent sneezing and coughing fit. Personally, I prefer the smell of good personal hygiene over any other scent.

It's interesting to note that Britney Spears makes tons of money on her perfumes, perhaps more than on her music.

I love perfume but it could give me a strong headache depending on brand and dose. Some of my friends put some perfume on their

clothes when they put them in the closet. This way they always smell... good. :grin:

And yes, some of my friends drop amazing amounts of perfume on their hair before they go out... :P

You can recognise them by the smell...

Au contraire- I love the smell of perfume and colonge . Oddly, in Japan , they tend to hate it , disliking any strong smells what so ever it may be ( except for toilet fresheners ) , but come summer, ( 30+ degrees and humidity ) I'd rather smell Ralph Lauren than Mr. Suzuki . :P