Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

It's called the Calgary Stampede, Ry...

It's a weeklong "rodeo" although most people just go there and act like it's spring break! It's yet another of our Canadian excuses to get terribly drunk for a week straight. I think there is actually bronc and bull riding going on, but who cares about that? :crazy:

'Eastern' bas*ard !

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I'm the inquisitive sort, y'know.

Now, we all live with people and work with people and so on. And SF is just part of our routine and integral cog in our daily life wheel. So who all in your social circle - family, friends, colleagues - know about this place and that you post on it?

Good question. As for family, just my wife, Joann. And she just reads the posts. She's never posted to my knowledge. If you ever see a post from Uncle Joe saying what a wonderful guy I am and how handsome, and how she adores me well...you'll know it was her.

And one or two DJ's from our Classic Rock station whom I've recommended to visit SF and perhaps two or three fellow music lovers.

I'm not at all secretive. I'd only mention the site to fellow music lovers and that narrows the field.

not that many really... I have recommended the site and a few of my friends asked when they saw the t-shirt, but I don't think I mentioned the forum... not that I know many people who would be interested in a music forum (and who I'd want to see here ;) :grin: )

Edit: now that I think about it, I'm sure a few people have seen me posting more than once... they never asked me about it though...

Edited by Guest

Most of my friends know and when tehy´re home they read the posts sometimes. But they don´t post, some don´t care that much about music, others don´t have time, others don´t speak English very well...

My husband knows about some songfactors I tell him about, he loves UncleJoe´s sense of humour and loves Kula Shaker so he´s grateful to Radhi, etc.

I think somebody in Madrid knows I post here because once I got an answer in Spanish and it looked like he knew me. Not that I´m famous, but I might in some small circle.

• 2 weeks later...

Twice today when I was at the drug store, I was approached by men. The first time was inside, and this guy came up to tell me, "I'm not going to hit you up for money," and proceeded to hit me up for money. The second time was in the parking lot as I was backing out of my parking spot, a guy ran around to the driver's side and knocked on the window to tell me he'd seen my Roger Clyne window sticker and is going to go to the concert in Mexico in October.

This type of thing happens to me on an ongoing basis, regarding being approached by strangers for one thing or another.

My question is this: do men just not think about it before they do these things? Women have to be aware at all times, and I, for one, tend to get a little freaked out when a man I don't know approaches me in a parking lot, or a store, or whatever the situation is. I even had a guy pop around the order box at a McDonald's last week, and whatever he said I didn't hear because I was too busy screaming "Jesus Christ!" he scared me so bad. And he didn't look homeless... he looked like he was on his lunch break from the office. What makes guys think this is acceptable?

The last cop I ran into didn't take kindly to it , though ( and I was rather startled ! It wasn't 'technically' mace , either , it was Tabasco Sauce , but you get the intention ) ... 'routine stop ' , he says - B.S ! He was a stalker in my book ( though I did give him the rest of my beer to rinse his eyes out , and some Vicks to line the inside of his nose with , sweetheart that I am ! -And he was STILL a bit uppity about it !?!? ) :stars: :(

You can't trust ANYONE , Shawna , better to mace first and ask questions later - that goes for queer looks from the staff at a drive-through as well ! ;)

Ahhh , such is the world now - nobody notices anyone else with one of those on . No wonder some people get violent looking for some attention once in awhile .

Subconsciously , I think she likes it , in a way - Hey ! She's approachable , non-threatening and interesting to some which gives her many opportunities to interact with 'the world ' ( and , however , sadly a 'soft-touch ' for the evil-minded ) ... :) I've suffered the same fate , oddly , Shawna , for most of my life , for better or worse ... :) Consider yourself ' one of the good ones ' instead of disliking it , dear . Your aura must be very good ! :thumbsup: :afro: :bow:

Twice today when I was at the drug store, I was approached by men. The second time was in the parking lot as I was backing out of my parking spot, a guy ran around to the driver's side and knocked on the window to tell me he'd seen my Roger Clyne window sticker and is going to go to the concert in Mexico in October. What makes guys think this is acceptable?

Well that should tell you not to put any stickers on your car. :)

Same idea as a Grateful Dead sticker.

Edited by Guest
adding on