Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

:laughing: :laughing:

That too ! ;) Mind you , Blues , I was just thinking how sad it is that no one anymore puts stickers of where they've been / who they like / etc . on there cars anymore ... kills the re-sale value I guess , but I remember on long car trips enjoying seeing the stickers ( ex. Carlsbad Caverns/ Mt. Rushmore / Yellowstone / Gettysburg , etc. ) on cars and wondering about the people inside . Helped to pass the time , anyway ... :)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the part that I'm wondering about, though, is that it is never a woman who approaches me - it's always MEN. And my logic is that, as a woman, a woman would know what it's like being approached by strangers and so would never do it. It's something men probably never give two thoughts to, since they're MEN. And as my dad says, "Men don't go through life as potential victims. Woman have to be aware of the fact that they are every day of their lives."

Kev - it wasn't the staff at the drive-thru - it was some random guy who just came walking up from behind the order menu and popped out suddenly and said something to me.

Shawna girl I hear ya and you should carry mace living in a big city. I get men walking up to me because they know who I am from the radio, and I know they are basically harmless, but it is still unsettling when you don't know them, and they always just walk up and go Hey Sweet Jane, and sometimes try to hug me. No way buddy!! Men just don't think like we do when talking to a stranger. Your Dad was right with what he said. I am always on my guard and even more so when I have my little girl with me. You just never know in todays world.

the part that I'm wondering about, though, is that it is never a woman who approaches me - it's always MEN. And my logic is that, as a woman, a woman would know what it's like being approached by strangers and so would never do it. It's something men probably never give two thoughts to, since they're MEN. And as my dad says, "Men don't go through life as potential victims. Woman have to be aware of the fact that they are every day of their lives."

Kev - it wasn't the staff at the drive-thru - it was some random guy who just came walking up from behind the order menu and popped out suddenly and said something to me.

What can I say - women you don't know or have anything to do with should be considered ' enemies ' or at the very least , potentially hostile . Take it as flaterry , if you will , obviously you

're boobs / face haven't sunk enough to get that 'old lady ' ( non- threatening ) respect yet ... ;)

Attacks on women rarely have anything to do with lust or a desire for sex, though the outcome usually involves some twisted form of playing that out. Most predator profiles generally resemble a a person who needs to control or dominate, but are ineffective in this regard in their "normal" life. This need is indicative of repressed anger toward some other woman - usually a parental figure - from their past. The best defense mechanisms against those types of predators are self-assuredness and a purposeful demeanor. A scared, paranoid little girl projecting frailty is the victim of choice for most sicko-type males.

:thumbsup: Can you tell I raised three daughters?

... and yes, their cars were always clean.

Can you tell I raised three daughters?

... and yes, their cars were always clean.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was born and raised in South America, where men are far more rude than in Spain, for instance... girls learn to get used to all kind of things they are told on the streets. But when someone approaches you, it s different. You have to use your brain, your strenght (which is less than a man´s one) and mainly, your legs... I run very very fast... :cool: though I always got into all kind of troubles, I never had any problem, somehow my brain (and my speed) kept me safe and sound. I always had a walkman so I wouldn´t even pay attention to what I was told and I believe what Ron says,

The best defense mechanisms against those types of predators are self-assuredness and a purposeful demeanor. A scared, paranoid little girl projecting frailty is the victim of choice
is more than true. I never felt like a victim-to-be and my self-confidence somehow made me avoid those situations. Of course, I have been very lucky... a knife, a gun or three guys running after a girl need more than brains and legs.

Attacks on women rarely have anything to do with lust or a desire for sex, though the outcome usually involves some twisted form of playing that out. Most predator profiles generally resemble a a person who needs to control or dominate, but are ineffective in this regard in their "normal" life. This need is indicative of repressed anger toward some other woman - usually a parental figure - from their past. The best defense mechanisms against those types of predators are self-assuredness and a purposeful demeanor. A scared, paranoid little girl projecting frailty is the victim of choice for most sicko-type males.

Freud? :shades:

But make sure he really means harm before that... :crazy: :P

Well yeah of course, it isn't something you should go around doing but if after the screaming and panic button the guy keeps coming after you and you feel in danger...go for it! They teach you that in self defense class and to use your keys to stab at the guy, just do something to get him down on the ground so you can get away.

Didn't mean to come off as a ballbreaker! :grin:

that's what I have been thinking the whole time... ;) :crazy:

Ok that is a bit extreme, I did laugh tho, sorry guys... :P

But I wouldn't be that extreme, just if the guy tired to grab you or something along those lines and as I said I would scream and use the panic button on my keys first. I am not violent, honest. Look at my avatar, peace...love...all the good fun stuff! ;)

Do you men get approached very often? By men or women? I'm curious if women are just inherently more "approachable" and that's why it happens to me. I've not been truly afraid for my life in any instance (although maybe I should have been), but it irks me to no end that men think it's okay to do that. I mean... following me into the parking lot, knocking on my truck window, just to tell me you saw my Roger Clyne sticker? If I had been a man, I wonder if that guy would have done the same thing. I would not in a bazillion years ever be inclined to do that.

Now, had we been walking out of the store at the same time and he saw it, and commented on it at that time, it would not have been inappropriate.