Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

some yes, some no - not yet, anyway. I've got family and friends all over San Diego County... so although my immediate family is all right for now (my folks and brother's family), my brother-in-law's family and my sister in-law's family are both right in the path of two new fires that popped up yesterday, and have all been evacuated.

I went through all of this day with a sense of relief that the fire is no longer threatening my loved ones. Just half an hour ago I turned on the news and discovered that it is flaring up, there are new evacuations, and it's creeping in on my folks from another direction.

While cleaning out my dad's house, I found some old view-master pictures...these are pictures that look like tiny negatives and then you put them in a little view master...you know the ones you hold up to the light and click the round thingy in the viewer???? There are many pictures of me when I was little (I was just so darn cute) anyways....can these be developed into regular pictures...and how much would it cost?....if anyone knows, please let me know....thanks!

I went to an all day conference today and the speaker said he was Canadian, and happened to mention that he absolutely loves "butter tarts"??? so I would like to ask my fellow Canadian Songfactors, what exactly are butter tarts???? I was going to ask, but there were way too many people there, so I didn't ask....

Tart shells filled with a tooth-achingly sweet filling consisting of melted brown sugar and butter , eggs , etc. and with some raisins and or nuts thrown in for a bit of nutritional value . Perhaps 200+ calories each , I would bet . Rather addictive , especially when warmed up and with a cup of coffee or tea . I thought they would be rather common in the US too , but may have English origins . Perhaps by another name ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter_tart

^ Man ! What ISN'T on wikipedia these days , and who takes the time to add these trivial of the trivial articals - in some detail no less !? :laughing: :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Thank You Fintan. I kind of figured that, I just thought maybe it was a special kind of sandwich. Those wacky Beatles and their wacky slang had me wondering.

Why is it called a butty?

In which song do they say "butty"? :P I think I know their lyrics by heart but couldn´t find it, not even lyricsearching...