What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

^My kid and I had a "Holy Grail" fix last weekend. No matter how many times I watch that movie I still laugh my butt off - and see things I missed the first hundred times. :grin:

At first, I did not want to go, thinking it was just a minor cold. But Diana insisted on taking me. She very well may have saved my life!

This is one of the things that frustrates the hell out of me about you men. Stubborn, never wanting to admit you don't feel good, or are in pain, because it might appear like a weakness. If it wasn't for us girls, you'd ALL be dead. :mad: :mad:

:soapbox:

(not directed specifically at you Ron, just your comment... which obviously has personal connotations for me) :crazy:

First day in a week and a half that I have felt good. :thumbsup:

I contracted Swine flu 12 days ago and I mean to tell you ... it is as nasty as all the reports make it sound.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!! :stars:

Glad you're fine, Ron! :) I believe Diana is inmune too now as she has been in touch with the virus. At least that is what I was told about my husband, who's been taking care of me during the 2 weeks I was in bed with almost 40º fever. All they did was send me home with Tylenol. I was weak like you, and I couldn' t even walk two blocks till the hospital... I was the second person with swine flu in my job this summer and I had two weeks off.

Swine flu is overrated, it's only scary because it seems to be worst in people who are young and appear healthy. More people die of regular flu, no? Anyhoo, there's nothing you can do but treat it like regular flu (bed, soup, paracetamol, water, fishing for sympathy) and it should go away.

Now bird flu. That WILL kill you.

Swine flu is overrated, it's only scary because it seems to be worst in people who are young and appear healthy. More people die of regular flu, no? Anyhoo, there's nothing you can do but treat it like regular flu (bed, soup, paracetamol, water, fishing for sympathy) and it should go away.

You're more than right. I had it last August and it wasn't worse than a bad bad flu... I survived.

Actually the type other than nauseous, is more similar to a respritory (lung) ailment/infection than a head cold. And in this case you should pray for nausea, because what is killing people is the respritory ailment. And no Radhi, in the US I don't believe more people do die of the regular flu. The popularity of the flu vaccine has dealt with that pretty well, although there certainly are some deaths. I can't speak for other countries however. Either way, unless you are a baby/child, are very elderly, have some other debilitating illness, or are a pregnant woman, it's still just the flu.

Are you sure? I'm finding all this swine flu hype a bit overdone. I was paranoid when I first heard about it and then it hit Melbourne HARD (like one degree of separation) and our uni sent out a mass email saying (essentially) 'would you chill? you'll be fine - no there are no travel restriction, yes you can go wherever you want IT'S NO BIG DEAL' and I felt better. Then I wikied and found out I should worry about bird flu more and felt even better since no one's concerned about that now :)

I did not contract bird flu strain when it was rampant a few years back (in fact, I have only had influenza 3 times in my 60 years) and I realize that any strain of flu virus is not something to take lightly; but I can say without any reservations that swine flu should not to be taken lightly nor dismissed as over-hyped!

I'm a big strong guy and had my body and mind rendered out of control, totally at the disease's whims for a week and a half. This was even with eariest detection and the full battery of medications available.