What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

I talked to this guy today

jasonmichaelcarroll.jpg

and he called me "sweetheart" and "darlin'" :googly: :blush:

How old is he ?! I would take offense and think them very odd, superficial or possibly disrespectful if someone clearly , and notably , younger ( I think he is ) than I were using endearments or expressions like 'son' , etc . Perhaps this is how some celebs like to speak to come off as sweet and it just becomes a habit ? Where's your feminist rage ?! :laughing: :cool:

Maybe he said it 'just right ' though , and then it one doesn't care as much- kind of like people who swear well . :D Either that , or you are a 'swooner ' ... :shades: Look at his face and my avatar - I think we look a lot alike - except for the hair ! :laughing:

That said ... cool ,Shawna ! Are you a fan of his music ?

Edited by Guest

:laughing: I am not a swooner. :laughing:

I actually do get a little rankled when I'm at the grocery store checkout and the girl who is maybe 18 there calls me "hon" or "sweetheart." Then it just sounds condescending. But there's something about a guy from the South who says those words with that awesome sort of lilt to it - and BTW he has no idea how old I am, this was a phone conversation - it just sounded sincere to me, and sweet.

To answer your question, Kev... Before I researched him for interview, I'd never heard of him before. But now that I've heard his stuff - several times over - I am a bonafide fan. He's got some really great rollicking country tunes for sure!

Watching a WBC final that is, so far, the equal of any of any of the classic World Series games I can remember or have seen highlights of. Old school baseball that isn't focused purely on the long ball ( there has been a homerun , though , and some big hits ) - and no one is 'juiced' , either . Move the runners / axe the threatening run / keep cool and turn the double play even with runners at the corners / good calls from the bench, etc. :cool: :thumbsup:

The City of Philadelphia passed a bill yesterday that makes it illegal to use cellphones while driving. The police will stop you and ticket you if they see you on the phone and there will be huge fines.

Since the state of Pennsylvania did not approve this bill (yet) it will apply only within the city of Philadelphia and there will be no points attached to the license of the offenders.

Hands-free cellphones may still be used pending further studies even though most studies have shown that hands-free phones cause just as many accidents.

Yay! This is a good law. It also applies to texting, etc.

I was missing my girlfriends from my hometown, so combined with some other stuff, I was seriously considering packing up and moving back to San Diego. So I hosted a pity party at school and made a bunch of new girlfriends, and they psyched me up and got me back on track.

I love my girls. :grin: :grin:

I lost a cousin from an idiot texting in city traffic while operating a motor vehicle.

It should be illegal and if YOU do it, then I have no qualms to say you're (or anyone) is an idiot too!

Why does the young generation feel as though they need something or someone

stuck in their ear or ass 24/7?

I mean, hell, I see insecure folks everyday walking around with a device glued to their ear like a damned robot.

It reminds me of a bad episode of Star Trek and the BORG!

Whoops, by reading this you may have missed that all important phone-call, hurry, you might still reach it! What will it be when you do?

Right?

I'm pumped ! My order of canned haggis just arrived today .It's a surprise and I can't wait to see the wife's face when she asks what's for dinner tonight ! :laughing: :rockon:

FYI: http://www.kilts-n-stuff.com/Food_Products/haggis.html

Edited by Guest