Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Always stay in touch with your friends...this morning I read the obits and another friend (who I haven't talked to in several years)died. He was only 67, and in amazing shape. He had just won two silver medals in swimming at the local senior olympics, he was still a gym rat, he played pro football for a very short time in the 60's with the Jets and then lot's of semi-pro (and seriously tough) football up and down the east coast. His sudden death indicates a heart attack.

You never know when your time is up...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Asking a girl out and hearing "I'm really busy this week but I'll let you know." Which is girlspeak for "I don't want to hurt your feelings but f*** that."

Hahaha. Why didn't you say that to her?! Dude! Bah, you're too good, too respectful to make 'em lose face along with ya, which is why they can get away with giving you a canned reply. When I was young, I used to get the brush-off all the time and this kind of answer was usually met with an incredulous smile and I'd ask, "You'll 'let me know' when?" :beatnik:

Shawna, the way to weed out those chicks who think they can do that is to try and place your arm around her during the first date - either on her shoulder or her waist when you walk her to the car. If she shows any sign of hesitation or reservation, sensing she's uncomfortable, then I know for sure we won't be going to a fancy dinner and just kick it a local pizza joint instead. There more you give, the more you get. Therefore, always have two or three places in mind :cool:

When it comes to matters of dating, give me romance over strategy and planning any day (or night.)

Sure, one sentiment threatens greater heartache, but the other is more akin to a sporting event. I will take the off chance for honest, mutual bliss over the need to always keep score of the relationship.

Like a lightning bug, display the same attributes you look for in a mate. You will find reflected what you shine.

Hey, it's a romantic strategy :cool:

It's really more a matter of preference. I prefer honest and direct. I'm not too keen on reflecting a chick's obtuse/nebulous/misleading comments. It's best to cut her charade by asking closed questions - "that was a 'yes' or 'no' question, babe." Time is way too short to waste on a maybe :beatnik:

Shawna, the way to weed out those chicks who think they can do that is to try and place your arm around her during the first date - either on her shoulder or her waist when you walk her to the car. If she shows any sign of hesitation or reservation, sensing she's uncomfortable, then I know for sure we won't be going to a fancy dinner and just kick it a local pizza joint instead. There more you give, the more you get. Therefore, always have two or three places in mind :cool:

hmmm... see... as a member of the female gender, I don't think I would much like a guy putting his arm on my shoulder (possession) or around my waist (intimate) on the first date. On our first date, the man I am now engaged to marry tried to take my hand to walk across the street, and I was very hesitant about that. I pulled my hand away from his as soon as we got across, even though I knew at the time he was a keeper. I just didn't know him well enough for any sort of touching, period.

And that's perfectly fine. I know it's uncommon/awkward to have that sort of familiarity with complete strangers. On the other hand, I'm not on a date for nothing. Be romantically interested in a person, being on a date with them, and then not touch at all the whole time? That sounds just as awkward. I'm only speaking for myself, of course, when I state I don't have the patience for that kind of courtship [anymore] :beatnik: