What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sometimes people are a little inhibited to tell people they thought of them, and it's easier for them to say it like an afterthought. Plus there's less chance of rejection... for example, if they thought of you constantly but were worried you didn't think about them, so they throw it in as an "Oh, by the way" to get your feedback and reaction.

Generally, I like knowing I'm in someone's thoughts. But there are those stalkerish occasions when it's just frightening and revolting.

This little topic inspired me to write down a quickie poem. It's fairly awful, but cut me some slack - it took all of 5 minutes. :crazy:

Pouring rain,

and school’s a pain;

I fell asleep in math

Then the test ~

No personal best ~

I slipped clean off the path.

Driving home

In the zone,

Roger on CD.

A hurried lunch

Nestle’s Crunch!

Yay ~ chocolate just for me!

Late for work,

it got berserk,

I twisted on a smile

For crabby folks

with crappy jokes

and heinous sense of style.

Home again

time to pretend

I’m a 5-star chef

my poor kid

says what I did

tastes good, “Mom, it’s the best.â€

Homework, housework

matters not – it lurks

just won’t go away.

I drop in bed

feel like I’m dead

then the day replays…

I close my eyes

and recognize

There wasn’t time to say

though today is done

you are the one

who was in my thoughts today.

I was just sharing a thought...didn't think it would cause such a stir... :P

no worries... just struck a nerve. But not in a bad way. In a way that made me think.

You're a writer, though, so you know what it's like when you get an idea in your head and then it's like you can't rest until you get it out in written words. That's where this went with me.

My appetite is now whetted. :grin:

Ok cool...I did enjoy what you wrote Shawna. It was just a touchy subject for me when I posted the first post. As I said it felt as if I was just something they thought of just to make me feel good, not because they really thought of me. Anyway...I'm cool, always am.

The glass is half full? At least the person made the effort to try to make you feel good.

The glass is half empty? They said what they said in an attempt to agrandise themselves in your mind by being thought of as "considerate" (but they come off as "fake").