What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Freund...? Wassat? Everyone's too busy working for money to make time nowadays, and all I wanna do is go to the LACMA or MOCA... or the ballet... or to see a play... or watch a movie... or do anything other than just stand there in ceremony by myself among crowds of people. I'm sure I will be oblivious to this in the hustle and bustle that will be tomorrow.

A girlfriend is a good friend :cool:

Freund...? Wassat? Everyone's too busy working for money to make time nowadays, and all I wanna do is go to the LACMA or MOCA... or the ballet... or to see a play... or watch a movie...

Yes, I guess you´re right... :P going to museums, shows, concerts, plays, ballets or movies was more trendy some 25 years ago. My single friends still call me to take me to those events... and I love to go but sometimes it´s true that living with someone makes you stay more at home.

A girl/boyfriend is a good friend but they don´t always share your interests.

That´s why I said that I missed being free... :P

That's the thing. I've been frozen in time for the past 25 years and I can't adapt to a world where conversations are oft interrupted by cellular telephones and txtmsgs. The more the world is tailored for each person, the more isolated each person seems to become.

It's true that girlfriends and boyfriends don't always share interests, but there has to be something to do... anything(!) to stave off what Sartre aptly referred to as "la nausee."

"Being free" is a state of mind. I feel trapped in my situation and it's hard to overcome the obstacle of my (and everyone else's) apathy. Someone said maybe I should volunteer for this or that project. I don't wanna volunteer. I don't want to WORK with people. I want to have FUN... with people.

I can bet you a week's wages that I call a friend right now to go to the musee next Saturday afternoon... and they'll be too busy with work and playing golf with their associates. It's gear-grinding.

I agree with edna, I never go to the theatre because my boyfriend doesn't really like it and I normally have to go out on my own because he doesn't like clubs or loud places....

So basically, your significant other will be like one of your friends, you will share some interests and do some things together but you still need other friends to do the other stuff with

What grinds my gears today is the incredibly stupid, hateful, racial rhetoric being e-mailed to me almost daily by complete idiots (some of whom I've called friends) who are afraid of a black man being elected President of the US.

They send such pathetic crap that they never even take the time to check for accuracy. I'm getting sick of it. I used to answer them with my opinion but now I just delete anything they send, whether it's political or not.

Jesus, save us from these freakin' imbeciles.

That Italy is STILL the retarded or 'special' little brother of the modern democracies -even Russia beats them on this : the idiots just put Berlusconni back into power for the third time in 14 years - despite proven corruption charges and other nasty points ... mamma mia !?!?! :thumbsdown: :doh: :laughing: :laughing: