The Songfactors' Choice Top #32

Farin

I'm logging off now, but before I go I want to say again how fortunate we are to have somebody as competent as Farin (and the rest of the Team too)to manage our Top Ten.

Thanks very much Farin and All. :)

I think it's a pretty good Top Ten this week. Nice to see The Eagles (although I believe some equally good, or better, songs of theirs have missed out in other Top Tens), Johnny Cash, and a Reggae/Pop song from Desmond Dekker make it.

Also good to see Lynyrd Skynyrd get to #2; I didn't think they'd finish ahead of American Pie and Satisfaction. And of course Hey Jude - you couldn't really go past it for #1.

Goodnight All. :headphones:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jenny you are definitely one of a few Musical Connoisseurs here

Hardly, Old 55, hardly, people like Bluesy, Bazooka, edna, das and yourself, sure, but not me. I'm just a novice,but I am sooo flattered that you think so.

That sweetened my coffee :):)

Edited by Guest
needed some punctuation

Jenny, I´m not really a connoisseur, it´s just that I worked and lived there, and I´m quite old so that makes a lot of time... :smile: but I know that you´re one of the sweetest girls there is, a lovely and beautiful friend and that you rock. :bow: :bow: :bow:

By the way, I should know more than I do. I had a slight stroke in my head many years ago and I lost a very small part of my memory, so it´s still great I can exercise the rest of my brain on the boards... :grin:

I'm well chuffed , as we say round this neck of the womb. Not so much that I have penetrated the Top 10 for the first time, but to have done it with this particular track, which has been an absolute favourite of mine since early childhood. Desmond Dekker, who died earlier this year, was an absolute legend of Jamaican ska & reggae, (was an influence on the young Bob Marley). If I've caused just one "uninitiated" to check out "Israelites" or anything else by him, that's cool.

It's more satisfying than if had scored my first Top Tenner with "Deeply Dippy" anyway!

Well, I love Skynyrd, but I can't stand Sweet Home Alabama. As a rebuttal to Neil Young's "Southern Man", a scathing commentary on rascism in the south, it strikes me as a blind lie. Saying that Young was wrong about that issue was just, well, wrong!

I'll get off my soapbox now and say the rest of the ten is great.

I'm well chuffed , as we say round this neck of the womb. Not so much that I have penetrated the Top 10 for the first time, but to have done it with this particular track, which has been an absolute favourite of mine since early childhood. Desmond Dekker, who died earlier this year, was an absolute legend of Jamaican ska & reggae, (was an influence on the young Bob Marley). If I've caused just one "uninitiated" to check out "Israelites" or anything else by him, that's cool.

I served aboard the USS Enterprise off the coast of Vietnam in '68-'69. In addition to working duties, I DJed a show on one of the ship's radio stations. New music arrived from Armed Forces Radio on a soft vinyl LP with many tracks and DJs were advised to tape the songs they wanted. I didn't know that instruction until I actually wore out the groove of Israelites from playing it on my show nearly everyday.

Thanks OLD55, yes you're right, my very first to reach No.1.

CASH's Hey Porter go NO OTHER votes at all. I feel so American (even tho' I'm not) when I hear songs like these. I sure am glad that CASH made it into the top ten with your Ring of Fire.

I genuinely felt that your Ring of Fire was a strong contender for the top slot.