The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #26

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I jotted down who voted for the same songs that I voted for. Kinda interesting!

9 other people voted for The Thrill Is Gone

8 voted for Lay Down, Little Sister and Steppin' Stone

6 chose I'm Down and Badge

5 of you voted for Leather and Lace and California Sun

3 voted for Theme for an Imaginary Western

And 0 (zero)! voted for my nomination Imagine the Swan }:( }:( }:( What's the matter with you guys?!?

RonJon and Bazooka were the ones who voted most like myself.

okay before I start complaining that nobody voted for my songs, I'll do something useful... :grin:

and I'm happy to announce that for the very first time in the history of the Songfactors' Choice Top Ten,

we have a 1950's #1!!!

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #26 for the week ending 20th August 2006

1. Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry (1958)

2. Cat's In The Cradle - Harry Chapin (1974)

3. El Paso - Marty Robbins (1959)

4. Thrill Is Gone, The - B.B. King (1969)

5. Rain Song - Led Zeppelin (1973)

6. With or Without You - U2 (1987)

7. Little Sister - Elvis Presley (1961)

8. Smooth - Santana feat. Rob Thomas (1999)

9. Lay Down (Candles In The Rain) - Melanie (1970)

10. Dancing In The Street - Martha & The Vandellas (1964)

You can find te complete list here:

The Top Ten Archive

Thanks to all for their participation! :)

:headphones:

It should be an interesting Top Ten. I haven't been keeping score, as Farin's running this one. I suppose Led Bloody Zeppelin will be in there again ! You 'Kids' would vote for Robert Plant burping.

;)

...or Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Mick Jagger, Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Roger Daltrey, Jimi Hendrix or Eric Clapton for that matter. I assure you Zep aren't the only band I can't help but be biased towards. ;)

Edited by Guest

I'm not complaining, but just curious... Last time we used the five-day system: 2 day nominations, 2 day voting, and final day results, oui? Now we're back to the usual method?

Since we had a discussion about it a few weeks ago, we've gone over to one Top Ten per week, starting monday (or sunday, depending where in the world you live)

the rest doesn't follow a schedule. Roughly it's as you said: 2 days nominating, 2 days voting and then the we announce the Top Ten.

But it largely depends on the participation, in this case mostly everyone had voted and Darryl and Me decided it would be a good time to close it off.

But we're always open to suggestions about changes

:headphones:

Radhi, everyone except Diggs had voted and he hasn't been around for a couple of days, so we decided to close it off.

The main reason is that we want to commence our Special Top Ten, THE ULTIMATE TOP TEN ROUND 1. Behind the scenes, Chris has been working his tush off getting it ready ! He's done a fantastic job and I'm sure we'll all enjoy it.

:coolio:

The other reason was that one of my nominations was just clinging on to 10th place. :laughing:

Gee, I just looked, and it did just scramble in.

Thanks Farin for all the great work you've put in this Top Ten. I always enjoy looking at the breakdown of the Points in the Archives.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Guest
Archives.

YAAAAHHH!!!! I GOT A NUMBER 1!!! WAHOOO!!

Well done young Shadows. Who would have thought that a teenager would have been the first to get a 1950s #1 !!! Great nomination.

It was previously nominated by phil back in Top Ten #1, but only polled a measly 28 Points that time; there were just 18 voters then.

Now the difficult Question -

Who's going to be the first to nominate an 80s #1 ???

...or Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Mick Jagger, Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Roger Daltrey, Jimi Hendrix or Eric Clapton for that matter. I assure you Zep aren't the only band I can't help but be biased towards. ;)

Put "bloody" in front of all of them except Clapton too.

(And add Neil Bloody Young). :)

I just heard he's (Eric Clapton) coming to Australia next February. Maybe I'll go to my first (real) Concert in over a decade ?

You know, I probably appreciate The Who more since they started to appear in our Tens. I have a 2 CD 'Greatest Hits' which I've been playing a lot lately. They were always in the Songfacts Daily and Weekly Tens but haven't been lately.