Strange, Weird and Wacky!

Sweet Jane 61

so Kevin... I am compelled to ask: how exactly do "fake breasts" get a party going?

What was your initial take on parties in Japan when you first moved there? I think it would be something I'd have to sit in a corner and just observe for a while. :laughing:

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those games didn't make us want to kill people tho, or even think it was ok to do so. I don't think kids today, and I mean small children, think any differently.

But putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger is in some way so different.

There is no catch the bad guy or chase the Indians with your friends, it's just putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger.

I just can't explain the difference. But it is huge :puppyeyes:

so Kevin... I am compelled to ask: how exactly do "fake breasts" get a party going?

What was your initial take on parties in Japan when you first moved there? I think it would be something I'd have to sit in a corner and just observe for a while. :laughing:

I think the guys wear them Shawna :laughing:

Well , I'm with you , Shawna , as far as the entertainment value of these hijinks; they seem rather childish , but then the Japanese retain a fondness for childish/cute things that we are ( often ) socialized to reject after a certain age .

I think the idea is that while all are drinking , if someone has the guts to dress up in a silly way and take on a character-role , they are free to act as they wish ; insult the bosses , flirt with/ mock or entertain the staff , etc. with complete impunity. It can be quite therapeutic and liberating for a brief time in a society where watching one's speech and manner is a daily necessity. Unlike our parties where getting drunk and losing control or acting like a jackass is frowned upon and likely to damage your reputation or worse , it is seen as a natural result of drinking here and can have the opposite effect where one may be considered the life of the party instead .

A lot of their television programs have a similar type of theme and over the top characters . Remember 'Lost In Translation ' ? That was no exaggeration as to the extremes of outright goofiness that entertains people here on certain programs .

It is true still , for the most part ( many get bombed pretty easily on a beer or two as well ) but is changing as a younger generation enters the workforce and are less inclined to feel such commitment to their jobs inside and outside of work . Becoming a little more individual and 'American ' , if you will , in that respect . Tougher drunk driving rules -2 year suspension / $3000.00 , first offense - have shaken things up ,too , but in the big cities people often use subways and, cabs , and bikes so it hasn't disappeared .

Edited by Guest

They also said alcoholism is a big issue because drinking is so socially acceptable there.

I also thought the courting practices were pretty interesting.

If I recall they used the upper middle class people as the primary example for the show.

• 2 weeks later...

( found on this website )

One of the most dangerous ways Homosexuality invades family life is through popular music. Parents, please keep careful watch over your children’s listening habits. Especially in this age of Internet mp3 piracy.

There are multiple levels of Gay Music. Some bands are what we like to call Gateway Bands. They lure children in with Pop Grooves and Salacious Melodies leaving them wanting more. They’ll move on to more dangerous bands and the next thing you know you’ve got a homosexual for a child.

We’ve taken the time to highlight the bands that are particularly Gay. Please take the time and dissect your child’s CD / iTunes catalog. If you find 3 or more of these bands in their collection it is time to take action.

We Strongly recommend that you burn the CDs. Make sure your child is watching. Make sure they can feel the heat. It is crucial that the image remains emblazoned in their young minds. They need to know that if they continue to listen to these bands they may Burn eternally as well.

Bands to watch out for

* Lil'Wayne

* P!nK (gay family)

* The Black Keys

* Coldplay

* SlipKnot (make-up)

* RadioHead

* Michael Jackson

* Boredoms

* School of Seven Bells (gay twins)

* Jason Mraz

* Jonas Brothers

* Rilo Kiley

* Death Cab for Cutie

* Sarah McLachlan

* George Strait

* Cold War Kids

* Toby Keith (cowboy)

* P-Diddy

* Black People

* Vampire Weekend

* King Crimson

* Kate Bush (kissed a girl)

* Bob Dylan

* Fleet Foxes

* Sigur Ros (nudists)

* Twisted Sister

* The Spores (endorse suicide)

* Scissor Sisters

* Turbonegro

* Rufus Wainwright

* Merzbau

* Ravi Shankar

* The Butchies (lizbians)

* Wilco

* Bjork (mb)

* Tech N9ne

* Ghostface Killah

* Bobby Conn

* Morton Subotnik

* Cole Porter

* The String Cheese Incident

* Eagles of Death Metal

* Polyphonic Spree

* The Faint

* Interpol

* Twisted Sister (jj)

* Tegan and Sara

* Erasure

* The Grateful Dead (drugs too)

* Le Tigre

* Marilyn Manson (dark gay)

* The Gossip

* The Magnetic Fields

* The Doors

* Phish

* Queen

* The Strokes

* Morrissey(?questionable?)

* Metallica

* Judas Priest

* The Village People

* The Secret Handshake

* The Rolling Stones

* David Bowie

* Frankie Goes to Hollywood

* Man or Astroman

* Richard Cheese

* Jay-Z

* Depeche Mode

* Kansas

* Ani DiFranco

* Fischerspooner

* John Mayer

* George Michael (texan)

* Angel Eyes

* The Indigo Girls

* Velvet Underground

* Madonna

* Elton John

* Barry Manilow

* Indigo Girls

* Melissa Etheridge

* Eminmen

* Nirvana

* Boy George

* Jon Brion

* The Killers

* Lou Reed

* Lil' Wayne

* Motorhead

* Jill Sobule

* Wilson Phillips

* DMX

* Wesley Willis

* Lisa Loeb

* Ted Nugent (loincloth)

* Dogstar

* Thirty Seconds to Mars

* Lil' Kim

* kd lang

* Frank Sinatra

* Hinder

* Nickleback

* Justus Kohncke

* Bob Mould

* Clay Aiken

* Arcade Fire

* Bright Eyes

* Corinne Bailey Rae

* Audioslave

* Red Hot Chili Peppers

* Panic at the Disco

* The Cure (makeup)

* Spin Doctors

* The Deers

* Lindsey Lohan

* The Smiths

* Beck

* Tom Waits

* The Cramps

* Cannibal Corpse

* Britney Spears(kissed Madonna)

* Perfect Sin

* The Queers

* NoFx(gay punk)

* Soup Dragons

* Elton John(really gay)

--------------------------------

We understand that it can be difficult to differentiate what is good or bad for your Child.

With that understanding, Donnie has created this Powerful tool to help you in your quest to raise a straight child.

The bands on this list are Safe. They foster Heterosexual desires and stimulate a Christian mode of thought. If you have any questions or suggestions for other safe bands please email us.

Safe Music:

* Cyndi Lauper

* Sufjan Stevens (at request of publisher)

* The Right Brothers (bush was right!)

* Dresden Dolls

* UnderOath

* Blondie**

* Creed

* Falling Up

* Flyleaf

* Sandi Patti

* Disciple

* P.O.D

* Evanescence

* By The Tree

* Michael W. Smith

* Jars of Clay

* DC Talk

* Danielson

* Cheap Trick

Be careful about wasting people's time with a suicidal gesture or attempt in China :

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090523/ap_on_re_as/as_china_suicide_help

:stars: :laughing: Sorry , but I can't help but laugh at the sheer dark humor here-it's like a Warner Bros. cartoon or something .

• 2 weeks later...

Harrison Birtwistle: witness for the prosecution

Cellist Adrian Bradbury is suing the Lowry, Salford. Why? Because when he took his family to see The Wizard of Oz some months ago, the show was billed as a musical, but there was no live music - and Bradbury wants his money back. Deliciously, Sir Harrison Birtwistle has provided an expert report. "The Wizard of Oz," he writes, "is a musical, composed for a cast of singers/actors with orchestral accompaniment, with a musical director ... Without the orchestra or MD, a performance of The Wizard of Oz is best described as karaoke." The serious point is that removing live accompaniment from shows cheats audiences and destroys musicians' livelihoods.

I love this :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8061031.stm

"Sales of a kitsch 'Three Wolf Moon' T-shirt on Amazon rise by 2,300% after ironic reviews go viral."

I love the reviews for Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz. Here's my fave...

Chateau du Lait Blanc, watch out!

One should not be intimidated by Tuscan Whole Milk. Nor should one prejudge, despite the fact that Tuscan is non-vintage and comes in such large containers. Do not be fooled: this is not a jug milk. I always find it important to taste milk using high-quality stemware -- this is milk deserving of something better than a Flintstones plastic tumbler. One should pour just a small dollop and swirl it in the glass -- note the coating and look for clots or discoloration. And the color -- it should be opaque, and very, very white. Now, immerse your nose in the glass and take a whiff. Tuscan transports you instantly to scenic hill towns in central Italy (is that Montepulciano I detect?) --- there is the loamy clay, the green grass of summer days, the towering cypress. And those gentle hints of Italian flowers -- wild orchids, sunflowers, poppies. Then, one takes in the thick liquid and lets it roll across and under the tongue -- what is that? perhaps a hint of a nutty Edam cheese? With Tuscan, you feel the love of every dairyperson involved -- from the somewhat sad and deranged farmhand shovelling steaming cowpies to the bored union milk maiden dreaming of leaving this soul crushing life behind for a job waiting tables for obnoxious American tourists in Siena. But not too fast -- sip gently, slowly, or one is in danger of not only missing the subtleties of the milk's texture and its terroir, but -- if chilled too long -- also of giving oneself a blinding ice cream headache. Nay, savor the goodness that only dairymen and dairywomen working at the apex of their craft can deliver. Tuscan is best drunk young -- no, no, don't cellar this gem -- I guarantee you'll be sorry if you do. I recommend pairing with freshly baked macadamia nut scones. Milk Expectorator gives this one a 92.

Canon Employees Are Forbidden to Sit Down, Walk at Normal Pace

You might think your job sucks, but at least your boss wasn't insane enough to remove all the chairs and install security so an alarm goes off if you don't walk fast enough.

The president of Canon Electronics, Hisashi Sakamaki, is also the author of a book proposing some of the same measures he takes with his own company. His theory is that forcing employees to stand not only saves money but increases productivity and enhances employee relationships.

In the hallway, if an employee walks slower than 5 meters every 3.6 seconds, an alarm and flashing lights are set off, reminding the poor startled worker that he's an inefficient waste of air. Even better (or worse), there's a sign on the floor in said hallways that reads, "Let's rush: If we don't, the company and world will perish." The big boss, as a reward for thinking up all this stuff, gets to lounge in a nice, relaxing chair.

(website includes picture of chair less environment)

Edited by Guest