Songfactors Football 2015

Kevin

Ok, great - we've got 6 so far. 8 would make it a little more fun for sure, though. 

Carole? Razor ? Anyone else ? Can someone who is more familiar with this format pm them for me and I'll go ahead and set up the league. Going to use Yahoo again ( sorry) , but it's the one I understand best -unless it too has changed drastically. lol Going to take the first 8 and then cut it off ( unless we get another even number like 10 immediately after). First come; first served.

Back with details later.

Edited by Kevin
Clarification

I posted a message about this league on Facebook and Rocky said he's too busy this year.

I'm definitely interested.  Check out espn's fantasy leagues, Kevin.  I belong to several leagues in both Yahoo and ESPN, and I find ESPN's leagues more user friendly.

Just a thought.

The problem with ESPN is the auto draft (if you use that), in one league it gave me 2 kickers with the same BYE and only one QB, in the last round. I'm known to take a great QB with my first pick, so that really didn't go over well for me.

Thanks, Kenne. So... we still only have 6 it looks like, so far. I'll set something up now that the weekend is here and I have the time. We can discuss whether or not we want to proceed in the meantime. When exactly does the season start- first game- because we need to be decided and drafted before that point for sure. Anyone know offhand? I hate missing the first week if it isn't necessary.

Edited by Kevin
clarification

Thursday, Sept. 10th is the first game of Week 1, so plenty of time. However, I'll get at putting something up so that we can register asap, since it seems that appearances and comms with the old regulars aren't what they once were now, and we'll have lots of time to get everyone in and discuss whatever needs to be discussed.

Ok, I've set it up, and clearly I haven't been a commish for a while as it is a very different looking set up (generally) than before, but I think I got through it alright. Lots of new features for having cash prizes or league dues, etc.

Anyway, here's the information I think you'll need. Curiously, they didn't ask for a password as they did in the past so I hope you can get in and register still. Let me know if there is a problem.

League name: Songfacts Football 2015

League ID#: 849161

I haven't touched any of the scoring settings from default yet, but will look at them over the next couple days. I did set it to a 1 day waiver as people often set near the weekend and gives a chance to get someone useful by game time maybe. Full playoffs (17 weeks-near New Years) and 8 spots reserved for now. Oh, no 'can't cut' list- so you can dump a star if he sucks anytime. I always hated that rule before.

Edited by Kevin
clarification

Hmm. I saw that I could invite people by email, but I thought that was an option rather than a 'must do ' now. Again, it shows how much Yahoo! Fantasy Football has changed in format since I last was commish. I mentioned in an earlier post that there was no password required, whichI was surprised by. I'll look into it again ( and hope a couple of you can try as well to get in just by going to Yahoo! Fantasy Football and try and 'join a league' for me). We can compare notes later. Good thing we have time this year and not under the gun currently to get set up.

Worst case, I'll have to ask you to post an email address you don't mind sharing and I'll have to invite you. Hope that won't be necessary though.

Carole? If you wouldn't mind, though, could you give me an email address that I can use as a test if I (or anyone else) can't find a way to get in ? As well, if you others don't mind as well , go ahead and leave an email address. If Carole (an old vet) says she can't get in by traditional means, then I tend to think that may be the case. However, take a moment or two, please, and see if you can get in. Thanks, all!

Edited by Kevin

I asked "yahoo answers" and found a question/answer from last year - it said that you must join via email or url. When I click the link above I get the option of sending a reminder to the commish of last years team, creating a new league, or joining an existing one (this is where I would need the url, there are thousands to search through), or to join an exsisting on demand league (not what we want to do).

Kevin, on the join an existing option .... if you first click on "get another team" you are searching through thousands of custom leagues - you can narrow these down by various search criteria however, like league type (private) draft type (auto) and draft date - if we knew the draft date, we could narrow it down further, and possibly find Songfacts Football

I'm going to send my yahoo email to you - but I think maybe we can still do the link thing - we just need a different one ..... can you post the url of the league page itself, rather than the general yahoo join url?

Good grief!

grrrrr - I don't know how to work this new format either - my inbox is full, I can't send a message until I delete some, and can't figure out how. I'll post the email here, and just come back later and delete it. See if you can invite me that way Kevy ....

ca_hahn@yahoo.com

Well, thanks so much for your efforts, Carole. That really is disappointing. Surely we aren't unique in being members of a site or group that would simply like to join a league, and not necessarily have each other's email addresses? The more they 'improve ' things does not make them necessarily simpler at all, it seems.

Here is the league URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/849161

Blues and Carole have sent me email addresses already. Blues sent his by pm which is fine if you wish. Don't worry - I won't be spamming any of you anytime soon-and will delete your pms after you get in-honest injun! ;) Try the above, then, and if I don't see anyone in before your evening is out there, I will use their email addresses to invite them, and hope that works without a hitch. 

Ok; not seeing any changes I've sent invites to Blues and Carole as per the new Yahoo! directions requesting player's email addresses for the commish to invite. Hope they are able to join easily from that. 

Stand by -for news!

Edited by Kevin

Ok, got Blues and Carole in so far via email ...don't wait too long, guys, or we'll be screwed come opening week.

If you leave it too long, we will still draft whether or not you've had time to put your draft choices in place. Communications are just too here-and-there these days to be able to wait for all to have a say. I will leave a final date and time, of course.

Edited by Kevin
clarification