The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #286

WELCOME TO THE...

sfc1a-1.png

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN!

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ...

Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists).

... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

Nominate Now!

:headphones:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a holdover from when the top ten began, and it was done for a couple of reasons. First just for accuracy, as we used to pay very close attention to details & accuracy, much more so than we do lately :D .

Also, we used to compile archives, where the winning songs were broken into decades. It made for interesting reading, for a while anyway. ;) Then they became helpful for reasearch.

Also, to help with identification in putting the list together. Folks didn't always get their titles and/or artists right. The year helps there.

Now? It's force of habit. ;)

Doesn't it also help to keep the 60's-minded person from listening to a later song? Perhaps one they'd enjoy?

I say we keep the "year-tagging" until after the Top Ten is decided.

(I didn't listen to the White Stripes for 2 years cuz they were too "new"... I finally gave in and I do like them. Just saying people can be unknowingly close-minded)

JMHI

Thanks for the replies on the years, everyone.

I didn't mind looking up and posting the years along with the songs I nominate but I was wondering why we do it, especially since I noticed a couple of posters don't add the year for the songs they nominate.

I didn't know about the decade archives of the past.

I only participated in the first few Top Tens when they first started and then I didn't play the game for years.

I guess those lists were compiled during that time.