The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #232

Lucky

WELCOME TO THE...

sfc2.png

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN!

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ... Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists). ... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

NOMINATE NOW ! :thumbsup:

Playlist

:headphones:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I don't. Same reason I dislike about 99% of disco music. It's just not my cup of tea. There's a few songs here and there from that era that I'm not bothered by enjoying but the vast majority of it is just overly fluffy pap. ABBA falls into that group. That's not to say that no one else is allowed to enjoy them, just that I find that style/genre/type of music too.....ucky.

Probably doesn't have a chance in hell with the guys, but which of us women has not been the dancing queen in the privacy of our bedrooms?, hmmm? :D I shall expect votes from you all. ;)

EXCUSE ME?

Just because I'm a man I don't like ABBA EH?

ABBA happens to be my very metrosexual yet totally heterosexual friend's favorite band (interesting sidenote: is favorite tv show is Golden Girls. And he wonders why he can't get a woman ;) ).

I happen to like me a bit of ABBA. But then again, I like everything. Guess there's no accounting for taste with me eh? Haha

O Fortuna ~ Carl Orff (1936) youtube (with english translation)

aka "Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi" "(Fortune, Empress of the World)"

"O Fortuna" is a medieval Latin Goliardic poem composed early in the thirteenth century, part of the collection known as the Carmina Burana. It is a complaint about fate, and Fortuna, a goddess in Roman mythology and personification of luck.

In 1935/36 "O Fortuna" was set to music by the German composer Carl Orff for his cantata Carmina Burana. It is the most famous piece and opens and closes the cycle. Orff's setting of the poem has become immensely popular and has been performed by countless classical music ensembles as well as popular artists.

[...]

The piece topped a list of the most-played classical music of the past 75 years in the United Kingdom.

and for those who don't care for medieval latin lyrics, here's an instrumental from France :D

So Flute ~ St. Germain (2000) youtube

no idea why I never nominated this gem from one of my all time favourite albums before... who cares if nobody votes for it - I will :headphones:

EXCUSE ME?

Just because I'm a man I don't like ABBA EH?

ABBA happens to be my very metrosexual yet totally heterosexual friend's favorite band (interesting sidenote: is favorite tv show is Golden Girls. And he wonders why he can't get a woman ;) ).

I happen to like me a bit of ABBA. But then again, I like everything. Guess there's no accounting for taste with me eh? Haha

:laughing: Rocky m'dear ..... I have this picture of you now .... singing, twirling, and just generally .... "having the time of your life!". :D Way to start my Monday morning with a grin!